Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

EGR Valve no Power - 99 Express 5.7

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2012, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR Valve no Power - 99 Express 5.7

My engine is shaky on idle when hot (like misfires but getting no codes for misfires)

Worse when standing still with gear in Drive

I don’t know if these problems are related but I will just mention all the issues
I have right now. Maybe someone can put it all together:

1. Temperature gauge acts funny. Goes up to 100 C then down to 75 C (default mode). I have a kiwi-scanner that tells me the correct temperature of the coolant so the coolant temp sensor seem to work

2. Fuel gauge is always vibrating a little bit

3. The EGR Valve connector does not get all the power it needs. I measured the A-E pins and came up as follows:

Volts (what it should be with key in on-position between parentheses)
A 11.6
B 0 (10-12)
C 0 (0.6-0.9)
D 5.1 (4.5-5.0)
E 0 (10-12)

4. Check Engine Code P0141 comes on occasionally (Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1, Sensor2))

5. AC not blowing cold (compressor on/off-cycle functioning though)

Worth noting is that the Temperature Gauge sensor is right next to the EGR Valve and the Temp sensor connector and the EGR Valve connector share the same wire (I have followed the wires and couldn’t visually find anything wrong with them)

Who knows what’s related to what and what’s not but I just mention it all in case it gives somebody a clue to something. Maybe someone can figure this one out.

I’m guessing the P0141 is just a symptom of the EGR being partially without power rather than it being anything wrong with the O2-sensor itself.