Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Electronic Throttle

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2016, 11:47 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Electronic Throttle

Hi guys, I have a 08 Express 1500 4.3 w/212K, does it have throttle by wire or cable? I feel it is not deaccelerating correctly when I take my foot off the gas pedal, seems to back down weakly. Any ideas what I should be checking? Thanks...
Old May 14th, 2016, 2:10 PM
CF Veteran

Its electric. There is a position sensor on the pedal, and other sensors on the system. Have you checked for codes? Have you got down to see if the spring is returning the pedal fast enough when you let it go?
Old May 14th, 2016, 2:11 PM
CF Veteran

Chevrolet Express GMC Savana Gas Accelerator Pedal w Sensor w Bracket New | eBay
Old May 14th, 2016, 3:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Thanks canucklehead, showing no codes and running fine, just seems like it should back down quicker. I'll check how strong the accelerator spring feels tomorrow.
Old May 15th, 2016, 11:42 AM
CF Senior Member

Accelerator pedal spring seems plenty strong, but I guess it could still be the sensor. Do you think a new pedal and sensor is plug and play, or would the computer have to be reset? I'm thinking it might be a buildup of gunk on the throttle plate spindle. Do we know how what makes the throttle plate move? I thought I saw somewhere gears operate the movement.