Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Express 3500 fuel delivery

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2022, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Express 3500 fuel delivery

I have a 2010 Express 3500 converted into a paratransit bus, then sort of converted into a small rv. (Nothing is permanent or hard-wired/installed that can't be easily and quickly removed).
Since November (2 months ago if you're reading this a long time from now), it's had a bad fuel/oxygen ratio. It finally culminated in a complete loss of power (it was running but wouldn't GO) and just not getting fuel to the engine, leaving me stranded on the side of a back country road in the mountains for 3 days.
The check engine light had been on this whole time and had given such vastly differing codes that's it's hard to keep up. And it's running rich. When it is running.
Here's what we've done so far:
Fuel pump (filter and regulator are part of it, and the original did not have the second tube on the top that is the emission recovery so the shop had to just call a dealership and match it)
Full tune up including all 8 coil packs
Map sensor
Mass air flow sensor
Temp control sensor
Crankshaft position sensor
All fuel injectors and fuel injector connectors (the wiring)
the entire ECU, programmed to the vin
New alternator, new battery
It's STILL not getting fuel and the latest read on the check engine codes is that 2,4,6,&8 (the entire passenger side) injectors are stuck open. Which is why we replaced the injectors in the first place.
I live in this vehicle. It isn't a luxury, weekend getaway thing. It's my home.
i just don't know what else it could be and I've paid two shops to do a diagnostic, but they both just took my money and told me different things (all of which I've already had done). Contrary to my user name, I'm female. When mechanics see a woman they see dollar signs where the ***** are. I need someone to help me figure out what it *could* still be. Just some suggestions.
It cranks and idles fine until it gets warm then it idles rough. Just going around the block this morning it died once and just wasn't getting fuel no matter how much I pushed the pedal down. Then it does this thing where it 'catches' and takes off for a minute before it starts all over again.
I'm frustrated and getting very broke.
Does anyone have ideas?
Thanks in advance
​​​​​​

Old January 12th, 2022, 9:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

which engine? Flex fuel?
Old January 13th, 2022, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
which engine? Flex fuel?
No vortec 6.0 not flex
Old July 19th, 2023, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

I would suspect a loss of ground for all fuel injectors on one side to malfunction. Also would suspect a kinked or clogged fuel line.