Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Front jounce bumpers

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2018, 1:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It smoothed out the initial jolt. I did mine with about 20k on it. Da Wife complained.
Old June 30th, 2018, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I'm looking for, smooth initial jolt, then control and slow the action so it doesn't bounce or float.
I use it as a MotoVan for me and my daughter racing Enduros. When I pull in to a field there's time when I hit a rain rut(small) and it bounces everyone in the van like we just went airborne. I'm talking slow when I hit it, slower than you'd go over a speed bump. And it just continues to bounce 4 or 5 times after I stop. So I know I need them.
Old June 30th, 2018, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by StanVan
With 12 years and 155k on it, the springs may be sagging a bit. I don't know how hard those miles/years were, but it's a thought.

And when you do the shocks, consider these;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2015-GM...649&rmvSB=true

They were suggested by a member here, and since then, a couple of us have gotten them. I haven't installed the back ones yet, but the front ones made a huge difference.
i was about to purchase these and I noticed in description is says "these will only fit vans 2015-2016...."

wonder if these will work or if they offer for my 06, or has anyone bought these and used them?
guess I could call ridetech Monday
really wanted these. Reading about them I think they're nice shocks
Old July 1st, 2018, 8:21 AM
CF Veteran

Ron (Teammuir1) has an '06, and they fit on his. I find the application charts on Ebay and Amazon aren't always correct.
Old July 1st, 2018, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by StanVan
Ron (Teammuir1) has an '06, and they fit on his. I find the application charts on Ebay and Amazon aren't always correct.
yeah last night I used advanced auto to look up replacement shocks for 06 and 15 and they were same part numbers there. I'm assuming it's same. I can't find those shocks on ridetechs website though, weird. I was trying to see if if could source from somewhere else if eBay sold out if them.
Old July 1st, 2018, 2:30 PM
CF Veteran

According to Rockauto, some models/years of Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban and Blazers use the same shock. If you go there and look up your ride, and a part, then hit the highlighted part number and it shows all the vehicles that part fits. In the case of shocks, only the factory AC Delco number shows the wider variety of vehicles. The aftermarket shock makers don't always know what other vehicles their shock fits like AC Delco does.