Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Front Seat swaps for Express 3500?

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2017, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Seat swaps for Express 3500?

Ok the front seats in these things suck for support. Has anyone ever tried swapping in different front seats? I see a lot of much nicer looking seats from the Suburbans and pick ups that look like they would be much nicer to spend time in. I also see a ton a leather seats from minivans that were converted to handicap vehicles. Wondering if anyone has tried swapping to something a little nicer.

Also still looking for a 4 person split bench seat from a 12 passenger if anyone has any leads.

Thanks!
Chris
Old July 10th, 2017, 12:55 AM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The good news is our vans have seats on pedestals, that you can take out and conveniently work with them on a bench. In my van I run a pair of 1999-2003 Saab 9-5 seats, they are black leather, powered with memory, heated and ventilated. The reason I chose those is because I wanted ventilation for those long summer trips. Those run about $100 a piece at a salvage yard. Pretty much any passenger car seat would work, as long as you are handy with a drill. I only had to make 4 holes in the pedestals to fit those Saab seats. Doing the wiring for all those "features" took me longer.
Attached Thumbnails Front Seat swaps for Express 3500?-0481104673.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
MortSr (April 4th, 2022)
Old July 10th, 2017, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok perfect, that's what I was thinking! How was the wiring? Just curious.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
MortSr (April 4th, 2022)
Old July 11th, 2017, 4:25 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It is a good topic. I have long contemplated this too. I think the one thing to bear in mind is the Seatbelt. Is it not part of the original seat, or... I have taken the seats out many times, unbolting the base, unbolting the slider, each way, but never the actual seat from the slider. I'll pay more attention next time perhaps.