Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Fuel pump problem

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2019, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump problem

Can anyone help me? I am working on a 2009 Express van for a friend. It has 124,000 miles on it. The fuel pump doesn’t run when you turn the key on and it doesn’t have fuel pressure when starting either. I checked the fuse and the relay and am sure they are good. So I put a fuel pump in it and it still doesn’t have fuel pressure. Besides the fuse, relay and pump, where should I look next?
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:22 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by dmpiatt
Can anyone help me? I am working on a 2009 Express van for a friend. It has 124,000 miles on it. The fuel pump doesn’t run when you turn the key on and it doesn’t have fuel pressure when starting either. I checked the fuse and the relay and am sure they are good. So I put a fuel pump in it and it still doesn’t have fuel pressure. Besides the fuse, relay and pump, where should I look next?
Fuel pressure regulator. Have a tech do it or buy or borrow one.
Old May 30th, 2019, 3:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Did replace the filter?
Old May 30th, 2019, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pump not running

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Fuel pressure regulator. Have a tech do it or buy or borrow one.
The pump is not running at all. So no I haven’t done anything with the filter or regulator because I know that’s not the problem. The van was running and all of a sudden stopped. The problem has to be electrical. Thanks for your input