Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2018, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight problem

I need to replace both headlamps because I only have one low beam one high beam. Should be easy enough or so I thought. The first problem I ran into was the screws holding the bezel were very hard to get off. I only had some PB blaster that I use on door hinges so I thought I would try that. Did'nt seem to help much but I was able to get the passenger side off and replaced. I turned the lights on and it worked. I finished putting the bezel on and turned the lights on again and now its only the low beam.
The connector to the headlamp was very difficult to get off and I noticed some corrosion around it.
I'm sure the corrosion is the issue so my question is what can I use to clean that connection up and can anyone suggest a better chemical to break the screws on the other bezel

Thanks
Old December 17th, 2018, 12:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like WD40 silicone. Pull the newly installed highbeam bulb. if you got excessive oil or grease from fingers handling it while putting it in, you may have blown the new bulb.
Old December 18th, 2018, 6:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've replace several bulbs on my 2011 and have not experienced any of the mentioned issues. What year and model do you have?
I have 2 ten mm bolts holding the lamp on which spin nicely right out. I'm in Michigan so we get several months of salt baths on our vehicles.
I use a small amount of dielectric grease on the connector pins and that's all. Seems to work out.