Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Link needed for tear down manual or videos on 2016 Chevy Express 15 Passenger 3500LT

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2017, 11:15 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Link needed for tear down manual or videos on 2016 Chevy Express 15 Passenger 3500LT

Just bought my first 2016 Chevy Express 15 Passenger Extended with 3Door 3500 LT 6.0 and 6 speed auto 3.42 2WD, and need all the links for installation, tear down " inside back panels " and other panels.

I want to learn everything about it as I mostly have had Crew Cabs trucks. I have a few questions that I need answered about 7 pin trailer wiring and trailer class iv hitch too. This Van didn't come with Trailer Hitch or Wiring that I see, the owners manual seems to talk about the Trailer harness being in DS frame. Is this true or do I have to wire up a 7 pin connector ?

When did this body style come out anyway ?

I'm a Ham Radio operator also. Would like to hear from those that put in radios, scanners etc into these and maybe links to tear down or videos on the subject.

Thank you
Kenny
Old March 30th, 2017, 11:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice. Pictures?
Body came out in 1996. Has had a few exterior tweaks and a couple interior ones over the years.
The interior panels are held in mostly with those pop in metal clips. It takes a little massaging to get them out. Nothing a little patience and observation can't handle.
You wont need to take out that many. The upper right and left and the top pc above the rear doors can be removed without needing to remove the rest. That gives you access to almost all the wiring you could need.
You can get clip on connectors to install an aftermarket 7 pin trailer plug however there may already be wiring in the drivers side frame. Feel around by the spare tire part of the frame. If not, my aftermarket set up just hooks up behind the left tail light.
As for the ham radios, and breaker one nine good buddy stuff.....you;re on your own....lol
Old April 1st, 2017, 12:04 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you, I appreciate the info.. Will be a learning experience on this.

Kenny