Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Mystery connector/Trailer wiring?

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2016, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-...eid=2016301984
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:34 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jchristian79
Thanks! I do not have the back up sensors so I guess that might be it. The dealer service dept told me that all express vans were prewired for towing so it that would be disappointing if it wasn't! We will eventually be towing a travel trailer with this and I was thinking it would be prewired for it (brake controller wire, etc.)
The Connector in the pictures is for the Rear Parking Sensors, it is NOT a Trailer Connector Harness.
Old May 12th, 2016, 6:55 AM
CF Beginner

Although I have a bumper mounted, 7 tab connector for towing (indicating a heavy duty trailer package) I find no trailer brake controller obvious on the truck. The power wire is NOT connected. Is there the probability that my just-aquired 1500 Silverado LT4x4 auto 5.3 with six speed automatic and trailer button on the shift stalk does NOT have a controller?
Old May 13th, 2016, 10:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Norbert Bartosiak

The folks in the Silverado forum likely would have your answer, some how you found your way to the Van forum.
Old May 13th, 2016, 7:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Norbert Bartosiak
Although I have a bumper mounted, 7 tab connector for towing (indicating a heavy duty trailer package) I find no trailer brake controller obvious on the truck. The power wire is NOT connected. Is there the probability that my just-aquired 1500 Silverado LT4x4 auto 5.3 with six speed automatic and trailer button on the shift stalk does NOT have a controller?
you are in the wrong section and are hijacking this thread.

just because it has a towing package does not mean its brake controller equipped.

post in the Silverado section and provide the model year.
Old May 27th, 2016, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

It is the backup sensors. I looked at my van for the same connector.
Old August 14th, 2017, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
E-trailers.com and the 12volt.com are good sources of schematics and other related info....
F Y I, E-trailers.com is now http://ww1.e-trailers.com/ and there is NO information about wiring diagrams that I could find.
Old August 14th, 2017, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by hightechredneck1956
This is what I got when I went to >> https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-...eid=2016301984
Sorry...this page
seems to be missing.
We're working hard to get this fixed.
Old August 14th, 2017, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Wiring

Originally Posted by dberladyn
The Connector in the pictures is for the Rear Parking Sensors, it is NOT a Trailer Connector Harness.
this means that to wire up a trailer, we will have to start at the fuse box??

AlpineKid67
Old September 24th, 2017, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2017 express passenger extended (3500) that I just bought used. It has the tow button and the wiring harness under the dash. But I cannot find anything that matches what the 7 pin connector should be. There is a six pin connector that I'm sure after reading this thread is for some backup sensor I dont' have. I have put a voltage meter on the wires under the dash (that do match what should be there to connect a brake controller, I get nothing. (engine running and not). Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I'm having a really hard time believing that GM builds a vehicle with the tow button, and some wiring under the dash, but doesn't complete it. I badly need to get his working. This is pretty much BS.

Quick Reply: Mystery connector/Trailer wiring?