Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Need to change my furl pump cutout location tips

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2022, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to change my furl pump cutout location tips

I need to cutout a access panel to my 2000 Chevy Express 3500 5.7 liter i dont have any help or the right equipment to drop tank by my self was thinking of cutting out seen some measurements but wsnt to know the safest way as a diy to cut so i dont cause too much spark dhould i use a angle grinder or reciprocating saw?
Old September 27th, 2022, 8:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

Please do not post the same question multiple times. It is forbidden. Post once, and be patient. We all have lives and help others in our spare time. If you don't get an answer in a week and your question gets buried, you may add a reply to your original question to "bump" it.

I have deleted your duplicate. Please read and understand our forum rules here:
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/for...l-rules-15966/

Thank you.
Old September 28th, 2022, 4:00 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Lots of videos on youtube where people did this. Filler is roughly center of tank, not far from the fuel inlet. When I considered doing it I went to the junkyard and looked, they pull the tanks to drain so it was fairly easy to measure one out.

Drill a hole at each corner with a socket over your bit so it only goes through 1/4" or so (or use a HF step bit, they're cheap and work well on metal) and use snips to cut three sides of it. No sparks. Attach some kind of material to cover the bottom of the gap while it's pulled up, then attach the flap to that when you bend it down and seal it up good.