Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Outside temp display?

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2018, 11:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

The Torque forum had the PIDs for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System, so it will read not only the pressure, but tire temperatures. My DIC has the pressures of each tire, with the capability of re-learning their positions if I rotate them. I tried to get Torque to read the compass info, but I believe my Chinese knock-off OBD ELM327 device isn't a high enough version to pick it up.

Speaking of Torque, I'm totally stoked that my '16 Express 3500 long wheelbase van, at 6400 lbs empty will do 0 to 60 in 8.4 seconds. I bet I can break below 8!
Old November 1st, 2018, 9:36 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
Speaking of Torque, I'm totally stoked that my '16 Express 3500 long wheelbase van, at 6400 lbs empty will do 0 to 60 in 8.4 seconds. I bet I can break below 8!

I never timed mine, I should secure the junk in the back and try it. Same engine, same suspension, shorter wheel base. I feel guilty when I step on it, but it can be fun.

Last edited by dberladyn; November 1st, 2018 at 9:39 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2018, 12:05 AM
CF Pro Member

Well... I had a good laugh!

I punched it on wet streets. That 6.0L sure makes these things move and the Stabilitrak keeps it going down the road straight, even if your not exactly going straight if you know what I mean.
Old November 2nd, 2018, 3:10 PM
CF Veteran

Those have to be the crappy Ferrari's. I just found a list of the fastest production cars, and a Tesla is on there at 2.2 seconds.

dberladyn, it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but if you're gonna hang out here( and clearly you are) I'm gonna want a first name.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 4:33 AM
CF Pro Member

I'll do better than that. Dan Berladyn. First names Dan Stan and we both drive a Van, which seeing there's a pattern here, I will also tell you that I'm from a place called Van.

Yeah, I figured those were poor Ferrari's, but I thought I'd post it anyways. I'm pretty happy with the take off power with this truck. I never step on enough to care, but it's quick enough for me. It's just occasional highway merge.

2.2 seconds eh? That's crazy.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 9:02 AM
CF Veteran

I must be a drag racer at heart,cause I can't not punch it at least one time I'm out in it.
Old November 4th, 2018, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dberladyn
Do you know what I think? Follow the advice that I was too ignorant to accept when I wanted the compass. Just buy a rear view mirror with the temperature display and wire it to a thermostat.

I think I will do this or the Torque app.
Old November 4th, 2018, 2:29 PM
CF Pro Member

If I had money to burn, I would put this one in. All the goodies. Except I would probably rather have Homelink than Onstar.

2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Tailgate Camera and Mirror

Old November 4th, 2018, 5:58 PM
CF Veteran

I'd be curious if the stock camera can be used if the vehicle isn't in reverse. My Pioneer head unit has an override so I can keep an eye on my trailer.
Old November 4th, 2018, 6:05 PM
CF Pro Member

Yes, you'd have to rewire that's all. You can get the schematic from gmupfitters and wire it how you want it to work. It just powers on with the circuit is live. Pretty simple.

Quick Reply: Outside temp display?