Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

P0633 code what to do?

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2017, 7:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0633 code what to do?

have a 2009 expess,just a basic wok van,2500 4.8 auto cargo van.Bought it a a auction,did not run,knew that when i bought it.turn the key on and nothing happens,the starter will not engage,"service deterrent system" flashes in the message bar,starter is ok,jumped it and it spins over.hooked scan tool to it and got the p0633 code.my mechanic thinks the fuse box is corroded? thinks another one would be good,I have located another van the same as mine that is smashed,i can get the box from it,would it work if i was to change the TDM on the key switch and the cylinder along with the fuse box from the other van?.I do not know the history on my van,dont know if the motor or tranny are OK,i think they are but dont want to spend a bunch of money on it?would there be anything else i would need from the smashed van,Im trying to avoid going to the dealer because of the cost.any help is appreciated. Harvey
Old November 2nd, 2017, 9:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You may have done this, but I found this when I Googled the code.

P0633 - OBD-II Trouble Code | BestRide.com

There may be no avoiding a trip to the dealer, as it sounds like it needs a re-flash of the ECM.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Trying to avoid that,but it is looking like i will have too,was hoping to do a "brain transplant" by using the parts from the other van,can get the key and cylinder from it too? hopefully someone else will chime in on a similar problem. thanks Harvey
Old November 2nd, 2017, 9:51 PM
CF Veteran

The one time I replaced an engine(not exactly the same, but still...) it was one year off, and some sensors were different/missing. I guess my point is that everything must be exactly the same. Same year, same motor, everything. The key and cylinder shouldn't be a factor, but keyless entry might be affected. And that may necessitate a re-flash at the dealer. Sounds expensive either way.
Old November 10th, 2017, 12:52 PM
CF Beginner

Good News,went to the scrap yard to get the parts i wanted,they told me they had them all?,got there,no fuse box,they sold the motor and they think it went with it,no one seemed to know where it was,i was not happy?,so i grabbed the key and the key cylinder and the theft module that is around the key.they said they would look for the missing box.On the way home i figured i might as well try what i did have,put it back together and tried it,and it fired up,motor sounds good,hasnt run in almost 2 years,seems to shift OK,brakes are a little rusty,but now i can fix that. harveyb
Old November 10th, 2017, 3:03 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats.... sounds like you were very lucky in getting the parts and the fact thats
what actually fixed it... ( Play the Lottery ) lol
glad you posted to tell us your solution to the problem.
Old November 10th, 2017, 3:49 PM
CF Veteran

So, what are you gonna do with/to it? Is it going to be a work van, or are you building it in to something else? As you might guess, a couple of us are building ours out.
Old November 12th, 2017, 5:54 AM
CF Beginner

Actually i might sell it,there is a good demand for these work vans here in my area,If it does not sell i will drive it some,a lot of people wonder why would you want to drive something like that?.I think vans are great,have had one all my driving days,had first one in 77 it was a 72 dodge with a slant six and three on the tree,had a lot of fun with it..Now i have to go through it to get it up to snuff so it is safe to drive,the rotors are very rusty,might need a caliper too. Thanks Harvey