Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Radio HU upgrade 99 express/savana?

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2020, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio HU upgrade 99 express/savana?

Just picked up this 1999 savana (5.7) and first thing (since it runs good) I d like to upgrade the radio to something at least Bluetooth to make the kids happy (this will be our weekend/camp mobile).
but, a 1.5 din with a CD underneath?? fitting a 1din with a trim would be ok but what about that CD underneath? Odd. What about fitting a 2 din somehow? Anyone done it?

I tried a search but couldn’t find options.

thanks!!

Old April 26th, 2020, 4:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Katone
Just picked up this 1999 savana (5.7) and first thing (since it runs good) I d like to upgrade the radio to something at least Bluetooth to make the kids happy (this will be our weekend/camp mobile).
but, a 1.5 din with a CD underneath?? fitting a 1din with a trim would be ok but what about that CD underneath? Odd. What about fitting a 2 din somehow? Anyone done it?

I tried a search but couldn’t find options.

thanks!!

I recently replaced my stereo with a single DIN BT media unit. The install kit took care of the 1.5 DIN hole but I already had a storage cubbie in the single DIN hole where you have the factory CD player. I usually buy from Crutchfield, free install kits, wiring harnesses, and master sheets for your vehicle. I'm sure the install kit for your trim level will come with the appropriate cubbie to deal with the CD hole.
Old October 24th, 2021, 7:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize this is an old thread but the following links may be helpful to folks looking to install a Double-DIN in a 1998-99 Express (not sure about other years). ​​

Double din stereo

Corona Van thread