Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Rear door latch issue on 2005 Chevy Express

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2012, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear door latch issue on 2005 Chevy Express

Hey everyone,

I have scoured the internet for answers to this question and have found nothing. Hopefully someone here has some personal experience or knowledge of this.

The left rear door (driver's side) on my Chevy Express hasn't been opening for some time now. I removed the inside panel and found that as I suspected, the rods had become detached from the inside of the latch itself.

I can't seem to get the bolts off from the latch, so I can't really get in there to see how the rod plate should be fastened onto the latch. Laying in the bottom of the inside of the door I found a small washer-type thing, and a spring. I'm assuming that the washer will go over the small bolt in the latch when the plate is attached, but I don't know if I'm missing another bolt or something that is supposed to fasten it.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance.
Old July 21st, 2012, 3:54 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem. researching it as we speak. It is very common, but I'm not sure what the fix is. The back doors of those vans have issues all the time after a while. Little plastic pieces than wear out.