Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

there seems to be a speaker harness on door

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2007, 10:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default there seems to be a speaker harness on door

I was fiddling with a backup camera this weekend and took off the back door panel for install (the side with the license plate) and saw what looks like a speaker harness. Can anyone confirm that this harness is actually for a speaker? If so, was there an audio upgrade package for the '07 Express. Does that mean that if I were to plug in a speaker in that harness, I would automatically get sound out from that speaker OR do I have to upgrade the radio to take advantage of that speaker?? So far I know my '07 van has a speaker at the rear above the swinging doors (not on the doors). Thanks ...

Old December 23rd, 2007, 5:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: there seems to be a speaker harness on door

those are speaker wires for in door speakers,and they should also exist above the doors in the center of the overhead frame as there is a panel available for overhead speakers. go to you dealer parts dept and ask for the page showing the head liner, and the page for the rear doors. they can print it out for you.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

If there orange & tan then there not for speakers, what there meant for is the factory power door lock actuator and you can find the other end of these wires in the driver side kick panel.
Old May 6th, 2008, 2:29 AM
CF Beginner

Yes those are speaker wires for the right rear swing open door. There is a set for the
left rear swing open door, but those terminate in the molex connector mounted on the
left rear roof pillar. For the left rear you will have to run a set of wires from the molex
connector to the interior of the swing out door, you may not have a rubber flex tube,
to run the wires through. If you have rear window defroster, then you have the rubber
flex tube.