Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Think this is fair price or?? Buying first used Express AWD...

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2016, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think this is fair price or?? Buying first used Express AWD...

Been looking for months, having my mechanic look at it tomorrow...2009 1500 LS Passenger AWD (grey ext/cloth seats) only 48,200 miles..one owner, govt issued the used dealership said, (fleet vehicle, they actually have 3 same ones) Autocheck came very clean, just mentions the fleet, scored 91, ext in nice shape except wheels & tires... they're asking $21,499

After looking for a while the AWD that are not white (cargo or passenger) difficult to come by here in CO (80221) and under 50k miles is real nice of course!
I just don't want to overpay, any sites I check, KBB etc come in around $13k-18k

Thoughts??
Old October 3rd, 2016, 3:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sound like a high price, but I have not been watching for a while......I paid 21,500 canadian for my 2013 savana LT passenger. It has 64000 miles on it, and is way newer, with almost every option.
Also, Fleet sales should worry you. In my opinion, vehicles made for fleets are not made as well as the ones for consumers.....Just a gut feeling on my part....but there it is. It may be a great truck, you never know.
As for the year, do a little research.....2010 was the first year of the most recent generation 5.3 litre engine (LMF) that you can get with the 4 spd tranny. Its cast iron block....I don't know what engine is in the 2009.....
When i was doing my shopping, vans like yours were between 15 and 18 grand if in awesome shape. Vans newer up to the 2014 year were topped out at 29,000 canadian at dealers....less private.

I guess if there are not many to choose from then it puts you in a bind, unless you expand your search to a couple hours drive an any direction......

Good luck.

Here are a couple in Montanna...
08 Chevy Express 1500 AWD 78000 Miles

2009 Chevy Express AWD Passenger *LOW MILES

Denver....
2014 Chevrolet Express G1500 LT AWD / BLACK / PASSENGER VAN!

2009 Chevrolet Express LS 1500 AWD - Affordable Cars For Sale

2010 Chevrolet Express 1500 LT Chevrolet Express 1500 LT Regular
Old October 4th, 2016, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again canucklehead! Yeah the green one is almost exactly the same #'s as what I'm looking at...and the 2009 in Denver you posted is sitting right next to the one I'm looking at, guessing $1,500 less for this one because of about 20k more miles? Same dealer, same truck...

Difficulty with this decision is that the AWD's w low mileage are hard to come by in CO, I have been on the hunt for almost a year!
Old October 4th, 2016, 6:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

True, they are hard to find, and the prices shot up about 18 months ago.
I was looking hard at a 2012 fully loaded silver one, and it only had 77000 kms on it. Listed for 18000 I though I would sweat it.......it sold, and right after every other one listed went up in price.....to over 20 grand for a similar unit. Then they alll sold so all that was left was white.....which I will never ever buy. So I had to get one out of Calgary.......

Eventually there will be none left....lol. Then we will all be buying Deroit Trutrac lockers for our 3/4 ton RWD vans......lol