Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

VENTS - ... and dropping Memory Cards down into them.

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2019, 6:51 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default VENTS - ... and dropping Memory Cards down into them.

Several Months back a Member posted here about a fluke incident involving a Memory Card with Family Vacation Photos/Video and a bounce directly down the Drivers Vent. Well, this is the Answer to your posted Question.

1.) Remove Knee Level Trim Panels from Dash (Two 10mm bolts each)
2.) Removed Bezel without Scratching anything as you work it around the Steering Column and Shift Lever. (Remove from Park in the process. Otherwise, I have read it is easier and probably proper to drop the Steering Column which is at least six more bolts)
3.) Remove Left Trim with Vent (Three 7mm bolts)

You are now at this stage, except in the pictures I have removed the Top of the Dash too. Which involves a Plastic tool for the "A" Pillars and three more 7mm bolts.

The vent is level in the back. It does NOT drop. Your Memory Card is probably sitting in view unless you drive like a Mad Man.

One Day I am going to pull the whole dash. Six more bolts after the six that drop the steering column. I have somethings I would like wired in the back as Factory. I am that stupid. I cannot just run loose wires. Hopefully I will just run loose wires in the end, but there are a few permanent changes I would like to make for making anything and everything else easier.

Last edited by dberladyn; August 6th, 2019 at 6:58 PM.