Windshield Cowl Question Express Van - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Windshield Cowl Question Express Van

Old January 8th, 2019, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default Windshield Cowl Question Express Van

I have a bit of a newbie question regarding how the Express Cargo van wiper cowl attaches to the body.

The screws (6 or 7) that hold the wiper cowl down, is there a pop nut below it that the bolts thread into or do these thread right into the sheet metal (yikes)? I can't seem to find one in the parts diagram that shows how it's configured, however I found the screw PN.

Screw PN: 15734029 BOLT,AIR INL GRL PNL(M4.2X0.8-13).

Spring Nut PN: 11609952

Old January 9th, 2019, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

I checked on my new van and it looks like the screws go directly into the sheet metal. I wish they had used some type of plastic nut or something on the underside instead of screwing directly into sheet metal...Given that this area is exposed to the elements quite a bit, I wonder if there are some long term rust effects.

Oh well.
Old January 11th, 2019, 3:32 AM
CF Junior Member

I have yet to see one rotted in that area up here. The lower edges all go first.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: