Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2004 Express Tow Package Components? / Tranny Cooler Mounting

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Express Tow Package Components? / Tranny Cooler Mounting

2004 Express Tow Package Components? / Tranny Cooler Mounting

Hello All This is my first post here.. Was having trouble finding a Van specific forum.. I hope to be a regular now that I've found this place...

I just got a 2004 G3500 to tow my trailer with. It doesn't have the 'factory tow package'. Based on what I have been able to dig up.

That only consists of:
* the factory wiring harness for the lights
* and brake controller wires for brakes/charge to the rear ?
* Hitch
* Auxiliary transmission cooler

I have ordered a class 4/5 hitch, and some 14ga wiring for the control lines. I'll be reusing my prodogy so wiring that is np. Leaving me with the tranny cooler.....

I pull ~7k and realize I need the extra cooler. I was able to get the grill off with minimal damage, opps..... only 1 broken clip and 1 plastic tab broke I'll try to snap some pics when I actually do the cooler install to help others.. But anyway my questions is where do they mount the factory cooler (pics would be great) and how/what do they attach it. The front end grill support area is mostly plastic and I don't want to damage anything, so reusing a factory bracket would be easy, even if i had to order one... There definitly is plenty of room to mount it.. (note: I have a good size stacked plate unit with fan and my first choice is to not just hang it on the condensor with those plastic things.)

Also how are the hoses routed ? I can see a few options but knowing how the factory did it would confirm things.

Thanks
-mike
Old July 9th, 2008, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2004 Express Tow Package Components? / Tranny Cooler Mounting

My FSM showed up today. I was able to figure out what I needed to know..
Old October 9th, 2009, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default tranny cooler

I am in the process of installing a transmission cooler on my 3500 express van for towing. Please send picture and detail of how the mounting/routing hose will be much appreciated.

thx,
be