Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2005 chevy express 2500 key fob programming

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2011, 6:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 chevy express 2500 key fob programming

Just bought a 2500 express conversion van I have 2 gm remote key fobs.

The instructions that came with them says jump pin 4 and 8 together..

Cant there in no pin 8 ? Does anyone know how I can do this without taking it to a dealer...

Taking the Family on a 24 hr ride to florida and would love to be able to lock and unlock the doors with the key fob.

thanks so much

If you can email me e_skurka@yahoo.com that would be awesome too.

Merry Christmas
Old December 22nd, 2011, 3:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

e_skurka,

Are you sure there is no pin 8? Pin 4 is the 4th from the left, top row pin 8 is the far right, top row.

Matching Transmitter(s) to Your Vehicle

Each remote keyless entry transmitter is coded to prevent another transmitter from unlocking your vehicle. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased through your dealer. Remember to bring any remaining transmitters with you when you go to your dealer. When the dealer matches the replacement transmitter to your vehicle, any remaining transmitters must also be matched. Once your dealer has coded the new transmitter, the lost transmitter will not unlock your vehicle. Each vehicle can have a maximum of four transmitters matched to it.

Resynchronization

Resynchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by this system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the receiver. The receiver will not respond to a signal that has been sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter.

To resynchronize your transmitter, stand close to your vehicle and press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter at the same time for seven seconds. The door locks should cycle to confirm synchronization. If the locks do not cycle, see your dealer for service.

I hope this information is helpful. If you still are having trouble programming the fob(s), you may have to stop by your dealer.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service