Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2006 cutaway 6.0l

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2023, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got done spraying around intake and the couple vac lines I see. Nothing.
Old December 26th, 2023, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Yes it is. Any possible causes. Other than injectors? But again if the long term is so high why is it still adding more and more on the short term
Old December 26th, 2023, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Well fuel pressure is leaking down after sitting. Was leaking down before I changed the pump but not this fast or this much. Before I changed the pump it would leak down over night to about 10psi. It has been sitting now for about 3 hours and is at 0 psi. So corrected fuel pressure and volume but now have a leak down situation. Before I worry about the leak down though I would like to get this running properly first.
Old December 26th, 2023, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

Trying to find a smoke machine to borrow to check for intake leaks. No luck so far. Might just purchase one.
Guess it won’t hurt if I have time tomorrow to pull the injectors and see if any are leaking and also to check to see if they are all working and to see the spray patterns.
got a can of Maf cleaner tonight and cleaned the Maf sensor and also pulled the map sensor and sprayed it with cleaner cause why not. Hooked them back up and for a minute or 2 I was able to open throttle with out backfiring or bogging. Or atleast I didn’t notice any. Maybe it was just me not wanting to notice it. I don’t know. Didn’t last long so doesn’t matter. Might just order both and replace anyways but I’m not sure they are bad.
Old December 26th, 2023, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Forgot to mention code p0300 (random misfire) came back earlier when it started bogging really bad and missing/backfiring
Old December 27th, 2023, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

I have ordered a new MAF sensor as I pulled mine out again today to spray it again and reinstalled and when I started the van for the first time today it started so easily and idled without having to touch the throttle.

Have ordered a smoke machine off Amazon. Hope it works. Still pretty certain I dont have an intake leak but will find out this morning.

Also ordering some plug wires from rockauto. I like the magnets you get when you order from them. Broke a couple pulling them back off. Dont think they have been changed in awhile. Was told they had been but I don’t believe it. Should have just replaced them when I did the plugs.

Have a new purge solenoid ordered also as the nipple on top that the hose attaches to broke off on me when I was tracing all the wires. Found a bare spot on one I think #8 injector. Also a small bare spot on one of the wires at the cam sensor.
Will get hose taken care of when the same time as I replace the wires and sensor.

I’m really thinking it was the MAF sensor even though it looked like the reading was correct I’m not 100%
Will post results after I get everything changed.

Last edited by steven4177; December 27th, 2023 at 12:53 PM.
Old December 30th, 2023, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Smoke machine and purge solenoid arrived yesterday. Found idle air control valve leaking. After removing it found there is no o ring on it. Any one know what size o ring is supposed to be on the iac? No other intake leaks were found!
Still waiting on the MAF and plug wires to get here.
Old December 30th, 2023, 3:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

just get one of those kits. They're very inexpensive and will come in handy many times.

Old December 30th, 2023, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Well still no change. Have replaced the MAF with a Delphi MAF and put a new set of wires on. Also picked up a o ring kit and replaced one in the iac. Hopefully it has solved the air leak. Won’t know until tomorrow as it is dark and wouldn’t be able to see to well right now. When I first start it it’s still takes some playing with the throttle to keep it running for a couple minutes before it will idle on its own. Still can’t rev it with out it bogging down and popping. Ltft still sitting at 25 and stft still remaining in the positives. Also had a flashing cel earlier when I had it running and was reving it. Turned it off and started it back up and it went away and isn’t on or flashing any more.

Any one have any ideas?

Last edited by steven4177; December 30th, 2023 at 6:30 PM.
Old December 31st, 2023, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Found a bad plug today. Just replaced them and already had one quit.

Last edited by steven4177; December 31st, 2023 at 11:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2006 cutaway 6.0l