Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2015, 10:50 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You're post depresses me because in reality you're probably right about the cost factor. I just want OEM and GM actually ticks me off that they don't do this easily, it's a business mistake imho. It leaves a customer unfilled and dictated to. These are things that should just come with a vehicle in 2015 and they play marketing games. Honestly, I'd pay the sticker price for the option and they should offer that.

And I still haven't made it to the dealership.
Old February 9th, 2015, 1:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. At this day and age for GM to cheap out in this way is bs. You can clearly see why they have filed for bankruptcy......
I would try an contact the customer service person who sometimes graces this forum.
You might get a better result by going up the chain, not with the local dealer who wants to wash his hands of it.....
Old February 10th, 2015, 5:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a little update. With the help of member Tech2, I located the door lock receiver. It is in fact the part number that includes the keyless entry. The problem now is that this must be programmed via MDI. Upon further research I found that I may need to contact Tech Services to get a VCI.

This may pose a little difficult as Tech Services may not talk with me because I am not a GM service center. The next problem is, if they issue a VCI to me my research states that there could be a time limit on how long the download is available on TIS2WEB. There is potential $50.00 charge for the VCI, which I am willing to pay for. The problem is I need access to a MDI.

This is the one of the things that irritate me. I took the van to a different dealer last week and explained my situation. The service rep said that they would look into it. Well no surprise they told me that it could not be done as the vehicle was not equipped with the parts. The SR said that there was no receiver in the van. BS, I told the SR that I know for a fact that the receiver was in the van and it just needed to be programmed. They just blew me off and said if they could do it they would, but they can't because there are no parts available. When I looked at the print out from the tech it stated that the VIN for this vehicle does not include RKE. Again, the dealer DID NOT connect the MDI to check, they DID NOT call Tech Services to see about a VCI, they just looked up the VIN. Typical lazyness.

People keep asking me why not just go aftermarket and you can get remote start? Well, first, I just want RKE I do not need all the bells and whistles. Second, I do not like the idea of some "professional" moron hacking up my wiring harness when the vehicle is capable of doing what I need. Third, I did look into aftermarket and if I went that route I WOULD want all the bells and whistles at that point. Problem is that "professional" moron and the immobilizer bypass, for the system I was looking at, is not available for a 2015 Express as of yet.

Who is this GM customer service person that hangs around here that you speak of? I would like to talk to them.
Old February 11th, 2015, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Bells and whistles? Amigo, my aftermarket FOB has a door unlock, door lock and that is it. It does have the option to put in an immobilizer but I went a different route.

As for installation. It's two wires. That's right.....two wires. You take off the door panel, connect one wire to the door unlock; another to the door lock and that is it. This unprofessional moron installed his in about 90 minutes. There's a little box that sits under the driver's side carpet and an antenna.

I don't say this with any sarcasm, but what benefit is all this effort and cost? You just want to open and shut your doors from 20 feet away, no? Go with the aftermarket and be done with it.

I admire your tenacity and agree that a competent parts guy at GM should have solved the problem for you, but it's probably time to concede defeat.
Old February 11th, 2015, 9:19 PM
CF Pro Member

Obviously both he and I don't want to call it a day and install aftermarket. You might be fine with it, it doesn't mean everyone else is. Personally I am hoping this thread stays on the course it's been on. One day someone might have the answer.

As for you, if you are so happy with Aftermarket, please create a thread.
Old February 12th, 2015, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

The answer? I'm sure it's out there somewhere and involves spending several of hundreds of dollars.

This forum is about suggestions and advice. I was not dogmatic with my suggestions, but felt the need to clarify a possible misunderstanding.

I wasn't rude, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to be dismissive.
Old February 12th, 2015, 7:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this thread has some legs!!
Old February 12th, 2015, 9:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian_L

I know, I know!
Old February 13th, 2015, 2:05 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, my bad. Michelle Chevrolet Customer Service is on the HHR forum, not this one....
Old February 13th, 2015, 3:20 AM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Adrian_L
The answer? I'm sure it's out there somewhere and involves spending several of hundreds of dollars.

This forum is about suggestions and advice. I was not dogmatic with my suggestions, but felt the need to clarify a possible misunderstanding.

It's not that you are rude per say, but the Original Poster is looking for the answer to FACTORY options as am I. By posting what you are posting, you are basically closing the thread and leaving both of our wants muted. If I thought I'd be happy with aftermarket I'd have bought it the first time it was brought up. I know I won't be, just my nature.

So if anyone has any real information as to adding the FACTORY features I'd be happy to learn it. Until I have time to ask a few dealerships I'll be watching this thread, thank you.

Quick Reply: 2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry