Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2019 Chevy Express Replacement mirrors

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2020, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Chevy Express Replacement mirrors

Talked my wife into spending 60k on a van, 2019 Express 2500 Explorer 4x4 Conversion. The side mirrors (single lens, power and defrost) are not working for me.
They’re too small and I need to cover the blind spots. I’d love something that telescopes in and out depending on whether I’m towing our 30’ Airstream. The ones linked below are beautiful but they extend 21” out which is way too much. Also loses the power and defrost. Their massive coverage should compensate but still, they are too big for around town driving.

Im hoping someone can tell me what Chevy or GMC vehicles might have a plug n play swap?
Thanks

https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Towi...ils=.questions
Old April 5th, 2020, 5:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Theburren
Talked my wife into spending 60k on a van, 2019 Express 2500 Explorer 4x4 Conversion. The side mirrors (single lens, power and defrost) are not working for me.
They’re too small and I need to cover the blind spots. I’d love something that telescopes in and out depending on whether I’m towing our 30’ Airstream. The ones linked below are beautiful but they extend 21” out which is way too much. Also loses the power and defrost. Their massive coverage should compensate but still, they are too big for around town driving.

Im hoping someone can tell me what Chevy or GMC vehicles might have a plug n play swap?
Thanks

https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Towi...ils=.questions
Have you seen these?
https://www.1aauto.com/2003-18-chevy...1164071&y=2017
Old April 5th, 2020, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cjm1973

I’ve not. But I see them now. They look perfect. Can I assume that the 3500 and 2500 are identical so they’ll fit? If so I’m buying them tomorrow!
Many thanks!
Old April 5th, 2020, 10:04 PM
CF Junior Member

I’ve not. But I see them now. They look perfect. Can I assume that the 3500 and 2500 are identical so they’ll fit? If so I’m buying them tomorrow!
Many thanks!
I thought about installing those as towing mirrors for when I'm pulling my 35 ft travel trailer. But my 2019 GMC Savana 3500 has the blind spot avoidance indicators in the OE mirrors and I would loose that functionality with aftermarkets. Since the wife drives the van with the kids, the safety factor trumps the convenience of having purpose built towing mirrors. So, the slip-on Longview LVT1700's are my only option. The stock mirrors definitely less than stellar when it comes to towing. Glad I could help.
Old April 5th, 2020, 10:09 PM
CF Beginner

I thought about installing those as towing mirrors for when I'm pulling my 35 ft travel trailer. But my 2019 GMC Savana 3500 has the blind spot avoidance indicators in the OE mirrors and I would loose that functionality with aftermarkets. Since the wife drives the van with the kids, the safety factor trumps the convenience of having purpose built towing mirrors. So, the slip-on Longview LVT1700's are my only option. The stock mirrors definitely less than stellar when it comes to towing. Glad I could help.
This Conversion has little red indicators on the inside built into the side windshield frame molding pieces, L and R..
Looks like they have these listed for 2017 2500 but not 2019. Nothing changed in 19 did it?
Thanks
Old April 5th, 2020, 10:19 PM
CF Junior Member

This Conversion has little red indicators on the inside built into the side windshield frame molding pieces, L and R..
Looks like they have these listed for 2017 2500 but not 2019. Nothing changed in 19 did it?
Thanks
I'm not sure if the blind spot avoidance system was available in earlier years. It sounds like the little red indicators are part of the conversion process. I do know that GM made crash avoidance and lane assist standard on the 2019 models. These safety features weren't offered on earlier model years.
Old April 5th, 2020, 10:25 PM
CF Beginner

I'm not sure if the blind spot avoidance system was available in earlier years. It sounds like the little red indicators are part of the conversion process. I do know that GM made crash avoidance and lane assist standard on the 2019 models. These safety features weren't offered on earlier model years.
Mine is a 2019
Old April 15th, 2020, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put these on my 2019. They are power and I loooovvvvve them. Wife does too. I took a install video for YouTube.
https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...yABEgIa4fD_BwE
Old May 18th, 2020, 7:14 AM
CF Beginner

Have you installed these? I have already tried 2 sets of mirrors that did not fit. They bolted on but passenger side could not adjust in far enough on the first set. The second set bolted on but had a 1/2" gap between the trim and the door, a little too much for the gasket to fill. Getting tired of taking the door panel apart.
Old May 19th, 2020, 2:02 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tommyd
Have you installed these? I have already tried 2 sets of mirrors that did not fit. They bolted on but passenger side could not adjust in far enough on the first set. The second set bolted on but had a 1/2" gap between the trim and the door, a little too much for the gasket to fill. Getting tired of taking the door panel apart.
I traded out of this van for a Dodge 3500. I’m sorry, but Chevy pissed me off. No matter what was wrong it was never a valid warranty claim. If I was into stocks I’d be shorting Chevy.

Quick Reply: 2019 Chevy Express Replacement mirrors