Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

6040 Swing Out Door Automatic Locks

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2022, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6040 Swing Out Door Automatic Locks

I have a 2008 Chevrolet Express 3500 that I just had painted. Before I had it painted the remote keyless entry locked and unlocked the 6040 swing out door, since then it has not worked. While the actuator could have failed it, it seems suspicious that the change coincided with the paint job.

On the front 6040 door there is not any electrical wires but instead two push-in electrical connectors that touch a plate on the door jam (door jams were also painted). There is also a push-in on the door jam that I would guess is to alert the driver if the door is not closed.

I can't find any information about these electrical connectors. Anyone know anything or have any ideas?
Old June 11th, 2022, 10:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I scraped the new paint fully from the push-in connectors and the strike plates and lubricated them. Just scraping the the new paint from the center of the plates where the connectors presumably touch was not enough. Now the locks are working again.
The following users liked this post:
RoadTrip (June 12th, 2022)
Old June 12th, 2022, 8:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I’m glad you got it solved. I was going to suggest looking for overspray.

Lol, this is the only forum I belong to where you have to answer your own questions (see my posts).

Enjoy your new paint!
Old June 15th, 2022, 9:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadTrip
you have to answer your own questions!
or you could grow some patience and try waiting more than a day. Some of us have lives offline.
Old June 16th, 2022, 12:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
or you could grow some patience and try waiting more than a day. Some of us have lives offline.
Collectively someone should be available sooner than 5 days to answer a question since we have staggered lives offline.

It’s too bad that this forum isn’t more populated and busy. I don’t know of many diy-ers that post a question and are comfortable with crickets for responses for 5 days.

I see you answer a lot of the questions on this forum and no doubt you are feeling the strain of having to reply to threads that sit unanswered. Keep up the good work.

Old June 16th, 2022, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadTrip
I don’t know of many diy-ers that post a question and are comfortable with crickets for responses for 5 days.
Poor things. Well, they are welcome to ask for their money back.