Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

8L90 still sucks?

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2023, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 8L90 still sucks?

Hi everyone. I need a new Express/Savana cargo for work, and it is impossible to get a 2023 with V8/6speed. I don’t want to, but I could live with the V6 power, but what I’m really not liking at all is what I’m reading about the 8L90 transmissions. I read an article about new Colorados getting a revised version of the 8L90 that seems to be improved, so I was wondering if anyone knows if there has been any improvement to the ones in the vans.

Just sucks they don’t make the V8 Express except for possibly long wheelbase cutaways, which is overkill for me. What would you guys do for a cargo van these days? I do air conditioning installs, and my 2013 with a 4.3 V8 has been solid, and I just want a clone of that but brand new, not an underpowered version with a janky transmission :/

I know I have not posted here before, but have gained a lot of good information reading, so figured this is the best place I could ask for advice, so appreciate any thoughts.