Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

92 Chevy Van Fuel Pump Help & Relays Location

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2012, 5:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Chevy Van Fuel Pump Help & Relays Location

I have a 1992 van 5.7 L 3/4 ton and the code reads #54 fuel pump circuit. The pump doesn't hum when I turn the key. I'm just even trying to locate the fuel pump relay. I see a cluster of wires going into what looks like a group of 2 or 4 harnesses? Can't tell cause it has this black foam seal gobbed all over it. It's right above the battery on the firewall. Is one of these the fuel pump relay? I ran a test light and am not getting power back to the pump.

Does anyone have detailed knowledge of the wiring route(s) I should be checking? Any diagrams or drawings/pics? I have the wiring diagram in my Haynes Manual, but it doesn't tell where in the van everything is. Any other tips would greatly help.
Old August 25th, 2012, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

The fuse is good
Old August 29th, 2012, 5:50 AM
CF Beginner

If you are not convinced with previous solution then its good to try another one who is expert in car dealership marketing. Great post, got more clarification and new idea on fuel pump.
Old August 30th, 2012, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by xcelmediagroup
If you are not convinced with previous solution then its good to try another one who is expert in car dealership marketing. Great post, got more clarification and new idea on fuel pump.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Thanks for nothing xcelmediagroup. Am I right that people on this forum are do-it-yourselfers and pretty much hate getting ripped off by car dealerships?