Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

93 Chevy G20-Cant seem to find right size rotors. HelpPlz.

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2020, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 93 Chevy G20-Cant seem to find right size rotors. HelpPlz.

Hello all, I am in the process of attempting to change my front rotors. I have ordered rotors but when they came in they seem to be for a heavy duty build. Light duty bearings don't fit obviously, heavy duty bearings fit but don't grab the spindle tight enough. I know I am missing something when it comes to ordering the right rotors. I am given 2 options Hydro-boost or vacuum. I ordered the hydro with not knowing 100%. whether that is what my van has and the result was getting the heavy duty rotors that don't fit. If I ordered for vacuum brakes would that solve my problem and come as the light duty rotors or is there something else I am missing? Specs only tell me the outside diameter which is the same for both so there's no way to tell. Please help can't seem to figure this out and don't want to have to go through a trial and error process of ordering parts till I get it right. Thanks in advance for any knowledge.
-----Nevermind figured out. Pretty simple and obvious but for those who are not car savy like me Vacuum booster = light duty rotor setup. Hydro booster= Heavy duty setup.

Last edited by Kyle Marek; June 29th, 2020 at 8:31 PM.
Old July 4th, 2020, 8:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hydro boost vehicles have the power steering hose going to the brake booster instead of a vacuum line.
Old July 18th, 2020, 12:43 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

G20 rotor has a ton of interchange, the only difference I am aware of on these is the ABS one will not interchange with the non-ABS because the hub portion is slightly larger/deeper.