Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Abs sensor cleaned side effect?

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2012, 12:17 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs sensor cleaned side effect?

I had that abs kicking on 5 mph and under problem so today i ended up pulling out both sides and cleaned them off, they were pretty clean for the most part, one side had a piece of something stuck to the what i assume magnet part...

so anyways i put them both back in and start up the van and my ABS light comes on =( it wasn't on before i cleaned the sensors. Would this just happen to be because i took off the calipers and it needs some time to stiffen up? or did i somehow mess something up?
Old April 25th, 2012, 5:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, you had ABS signal intermittently dropping out. You probably have a permanent no-signal issue now after disturbing the hardware/wiring. Check to make sure you didn't bend a pin in the electrical connector.
Old April 25th, 2012, 5:47 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there weren't any pins on what i cleaned. I only cleaned the magnetic ends... I haven't driven it much since so i haven't been able to check.... but i know sometimed the ABS light will come on if the brake pads aren't tight to the rotor right after messing with the brakes... oh well i'll drive it around abit and if it doesn't change i'll have to recheck everything tomorrow