Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

Cleaned Up

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2010, 11:05 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaned Up

Since the weather has been so nice and the mud is mostly all gone I decided to finally clean the 3" of mud off my K5, I even cleaned the inside. I think it came out pretty good but now all the imperfections are very noticable (rust, holes, mis-matched paint, panels mis-aligned, ect...) Take a look: (Ignore the dates)

Its in no way a show truck, its pure bogger but I think that for a bogger it still looks pretty good. After the lift and tires it'll look a lot better. Plus during this summer I plan on fixing the rest of the rust, getting all the pannels lined up perfect, and a decent paint job. Just so much to do and so little time.
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rust holes are just beauty marks lol..it doesnt look that bad really. it needs a 6" lift and 35s
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:35 AM
CF Active Member

have you even thought of painting it with roll on bed liner? It looks pretty cool and you dont have to worry about scratching the paint....just a thought.
Old May 31st, 2010, 4:33 PM
CF Active Member

Actually from that silver stripe down it was all bedliner, some of it is still there but I replaced the doors and fenders so only the back half of it is still there. When I go to paint it I plan on replacing that silver stripe molding and from there down it'll be bedliner. As for the tires and lift I gotta wait, I spent a ton of cash in the drive train. But now I have a 400+ hp 383 and a th400 that can take over 800 ft lbs of torque, a bullet proof part time converted dual stick np203 and still sitting in my garage are the new axles. A HD dana 44 front axle and a 14 bolt full floater rear axle both with 4.10 gears. I plan on getting those under the truck this summer and then next summer I'll do the lift and tires.
Old May 31st, 2010, 4:37 PM
Super Moderator

yea i noticed the duel stick transfer case... sound slike it will be pretty badass when iots finshed..but if u plan to mud it.. make sumthin to cover the bottom of the engine to keep the water and mud off the engine...i wish i woulda done that to my truck bfor i mudded it..seems lie u cant get mud n stuff off everything..i was thinking about a old tracter tire tube and cut it to fit
Old June 1st, 2010, 8:14 AM
CF Active Member

Yea I wanna make some skid plates for the bottom of the engine and trans and then put some rubber flaps between the inner wheel wells and frame in the engine compartment to completely seal the motor from mud, then the plan is to get a cowl induction hood to get the excess heat out.
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

might be able to steal sum from a z71 chevy..like mine.. its got all the skid plates for it...
Old June 4th, 2010, 9:53 AM
CF Active Member

Thanks for the info, I'll have to hit up some junk yards
Old June 13th, 2010, 2:54 PM
CF Active Member

it looks good =) veryy nice
Old June 14th, 2010, 5:59 AM
CF Beginner

Which pollutants, exactly? The only good way of truly cleaning up contaminated sediments that I have seen or read about is to dredge them and then decontaminant them on land by the usual methods. Sometimes the sediments are left in place because natural burial over time will protect the environment better then stirring up all the stuff while trying to dredge it, but that is an open argument, really.

Quick Reply: Cleaned Up