Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

AC all time on!

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2019, 9:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

your A/C compressor causes an extra load on your motor causing it work harder and run hotter.....your temps are fine....just make sure you have good and clean coolant....if you get near 225-240 you have a real problem......all 4 of my vans run at 210 all the time.....keep your engine oil changed to.....over heating can really take a toll on your engine oil......
Old May 14th, 2019, 2:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loopedr1
your A/C compressor causes an extra load on your motor causing it work harder and run hotter.....your temps are fine....just make sure you have good and clean coolant....if you get near 225-240 you have a real problem......all 4 of my vans run at 210 all the time.....keep your engine oil changed to.....over heating can really take a toll on your engine oil......
We took a trip using b-roads, up and downhill, 4 hours, last weekend. AC had to be all time on (both rear and front) (as I mentioned, 95 to 100F outside), I never experienced traffic, G (how I call the VAN) managed to keep it cool (never more then 200F) I saw the temps move from 180 to 200, up and down. I guess the thermostat and the clutch doing its magic?

I think the key factor was to keep moving so the air will cool the system. I will flush the system and look for another radiator nevertheless. Oil was just replaced and its as clear as it gets,