Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Accelerator/ Throttle Cable 1997 Express 5.0l

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2021, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accelerator/ Throttle Cable 1997 Express 5.0l

My current accelerator cable has broken. Express 1500 Van has the 5.0 motor. I can't seem to find a vendor that offers this cable for my motor size. They do have availability for the 5.7 and 4.3. My cable has a plastic connector to the throttle body that snapped.
Junkyards cut the cable(as well as the cruise control cable) when doing dismantling.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 27th, 2021, 6:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

can you figure out the original cable vendor ? like , morse, etc ? is it a straight pull metal cable, or a sleeved cable like the morse, w/ an external protective plastic sleeve, and inside is a flexible metal cable that has various end connectors available. morse is in business and if you tell them what end fittings you have maybe they can help.

Old October 28th, 2021, 12:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accelerator Cable replacement for chevy 5.0 motor

Originally Posted by MitchM
can you figure out the original cable vendor ? like , morse, etc ? is it a straight pull metal cable, or a sleeved cable like the morse, w/ an external protective plastic sleeve, and inside is a flexible metal cable that has various end connectors available. morse is in business and if you tell them what end fittings you have maybe they can help.
The cable has a black hard rubber type of covering, which is flexible to bend because it gets routed through the firewall from the gas pedal through the engine compartment to the throttle linkage. It has a plastic clip like end that attaches to the throttle. This plastic end has an attachment clip that snapped. Dorman does not produce my specific cable. Very weird since multiple cables are available for different motors; 5.7 and the 4.3. My 5.0 size for 1997 is no where to be found. Junkyards cut these cables when they remove the engines.
I would have no idea who the original part manufacturer is. Can't tell on the part.