Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Adding factory remote start to 2023 Chevy Express

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2024, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding factory remote start to 2023 Chevy Express

I’m new around here but not new to Chevy Express vans. I just recently had a 2016 Express that was totaled when a guy in a Tesla decided he wanted to ram me head on. Police report said he fell asleep. I’m looking to buy a 2023 Express and it has keyless entry but not remote start. Does anyone happen to know if the dealer can simply add something so I can have remote start as well. I added an aftermarket system from Crutchfield to my 2016 Express but I’d rather get a GM remote start if possible. Does anyone also know what the build code would be for remote start so I can research it more. The dealer isn’t very helpful and says it’s not available.

Thanks for any tips.
Old February 14th, 2024, 8:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The factory remote start is well tied in with the systems on the van, including the anti-theft system. It’s an educated guess on my part that more then one body or control module may be involved and would need to be reprogrammed or even upgraded to get the full function of the factory system. Your dealer may not even know where to start.

If remote start is that important to you, you should contact a reputable local auto electronics shop to get their input on adding an aftermarket system.
Old February 15th, 2024, 5:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input. I did contact the dealer and spoke to the parts department to see if they had anything in their system according to my VIN listed for remote start. They weren’t able to come up with anything. I even found by going on Chevy’s website to build my own van the Option Code for remote start is BTV but that didn’t help either.

I’ve started to look at car audio shops to see about getting an aftermarket system put in but was hoping to go with a factory system since I feel they would be more reliable. I had installed an aftermarket system in my old van by myself and just wanted to get my new van set up the same way.

Thanks again
The following users liked this post:
RoadTrip (February 18th, 2024)