Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Back in Expressland!

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2008, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in Expressland!

Just joined up after buying my 4th Chevyvan, a 2008 3500 passenger. I have previously owned a '85 Beauville 8 passenger, a '97 1500 8 pass. and a '00 3500 15 pass.all with the 5.7 L. Since December 2005 I had been driving a Dodge Sprinter passenger van and recenly traded it off on the 2008 Express

In case any of you are wondering about these funky Sprinter vans and whether or not you were missing out on anything....well IMHO you are not. Our Sprinter was a nice van but had major reliability issues and high maintenance and repair costs. The fuel economy was not as good as I had hoped with the little diesel (19 mpg avg) and the dealerships just don't know anything about these German built vans (nor do they care either). They cost about 35% more to buy than a comparable Express van and they IMHO are unreliable and have a high operating cost.

So back to the Chevy fold I come with my tail between my legs after loosing my shirt on the Dodge Sprinter.

Look forward to many years of usual Chevy performance and reliability.

Cheers

Ed