Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

brucej455

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2018, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brucej455

drl are on all the time key off light sw disconnnected. cannot find relay isn't listed on fuse cover cannot find inside either p side or d side.2004 express van 4.8 eng

Last edited by brucej455; October 29th, 2018 at 6:44 PM.
Old October 29th, 2018, 11:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

What year/model?
Old October 29th, 2018, 9:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I found this answer on cargus:

I've had the same problem and I've fixed it. In my case it was the daytime running headlights module that went bad and got so hot that it started to melt. I just removed it and now no problems, the headlights still turn on when I turn them on with the switch. It's located under the steering wheel on the right side close to the engine cover. It gets hot when the battery is connected so an easy way to find it is, drive around for a bit, then stop, get on the floor under the steering wheel where the pedals are and on the right side look for a black plastic box (about 2" x 3") and see if it's hot, if it's hot then that's your problem. If it's not hot, disconnect it anyway and see if it fixes the problem.