Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

cam sensor code

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2018, 5:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you tried manually clearing the code? Sometimes it can take up to 100 miles to clear on its own.
Old August 4th, 2018, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have and when I go to start it it comes right back my mechanic checked the wire to sensor he said it was ok but I am going to recheck it
Old August 4th, 2018, 11:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you sure about the cranking stan Van? My 2013 does not do that. Unless you have push button start, the key should stop the cranking as soon as you release it. These vans have bad ignition tumblers and mine froze up on me during cranking on my 2002. I had to really reef on it to just get it to quit cranking as the motor was running. Had to rush to a dealer to get a new cylinder.

As for the starter being hot, and even though you replaced it, poor current flow could have killed it, and also cause the code. Did you clean up all the cables and ground strap?

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0342
Old August 5th, 2018, 3:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the starter I changed battery cable and replaced the cable to alternates also I checked the fuse block there was a little corrosion I cleaned everything but it wasn’t blowing up the cables I didn’t change the ground but it’s is turning over fast and again it will start right up but sometimes it just cranks and that has something to do with this P0342 code I was looking under the dash yesterday and I found a little black box not stock looks to be an alarm so I am in hooking it today maybe that has something to do with it who knows
Old August 5th, 2018, 8:11 AM
CF Veteran

I can't be certain of exactly which models/engines do it, Canucklehead. I only know Da Wife's '05 Equinox does it. Sorta freaked me out when I found out.
Old August 5th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

If you're not certain which vehicles have that feature, you cannot confidently tell someone with a van 1 decade older than yours that it's "normal" ya goof.
Old August 5th, 2018, 6:27 PM
CF Veteran

But the experience I related is one year older than his. I'm not sure my '16 does it, as it starts too quickly to tell.