Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

cam sensor code

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2018, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam sensor code

2006 chevy 2500 express cam sensor code keeps popping up I have replaced the sensor and it still comes on sometimes it will start right up and other times it will keep cranking.
Today I drove it and shut it off went to start it again and it just clicked so i already have a new battery and there was a new starter put on when I replaced the motor 400 miles ago.
Also I tried to jump it and it seems like the starter was really hot I can not figure this out !

Last edited by James Huff; August 3rd, 2018 at 6:34 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 7:08 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

try cleaning the connector
Old August 3rd, 2018, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

connector or wires
Old August 4th, 2018, 1:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cranking without firing up, and it just clicking without cranking are 2 separate issues.

Are there any other codes? Have you checked the starter relay, and the wiring from the battery to the starter, and the ground strap?
Old August 4th, 2018, 3:58 AM
CF Beginner

I am going to check the relay today I noticed that sometimes when I start it if I let off the key it keeps cranking I will also check the the wires this morning I hope the starter is not burned up it was hit and it was sitting for hours I just tried to start it and it warmed up quick I keep you guys posted thanks
Old August 4th, 2018, 9:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by James Huff
2006 chevy 2500 express cam sensor code keeps popping up

Hi, my 2008 Express 1500 4.3 started acting goofy about a week ago. Cruise control dropped out a couple times, a few weird shifts of the trans, stalling out in gear at a stop or in neutral, but would always start back up. After a couple days of this with no codes, finally, the Check Engine light illuminated. My Torque App showed a current fault P0336 Crankshaft Sensor and a pending fault P0341 Camshaft Sensor. Replaced the Crankshaft Sensor and that fixed it. I know we don't like to just hang new parts on the car, you said the motor was changed 400 miles ago, was it new or used, were these two sensors new or used?
Old August 4th, 2018, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

Brand new motor the the van sensor changed twice crank sensor not sure but I am changing battery cables now and go from there keep you guys posted
Old August 4th, 2018, 9:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Continued cranking after the release of the ignition key is normal. The computer keeps it going for a preset amount of time, or until the engine starts.
Old August 4th, 2018, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

I just changed all the cables and it wants to crank but barely the starter is super hot and it was new when they changed the motor the battery is new I think the starter went bad so am changing it and see what happens if this don’t fix it I am sending back to mechanic
Old August 4th, 2018, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

1 problem fixed the starter was burned up but the cam sensor P0342 keeps coming back replaced the sensor 2 times