Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Chevy G30 Dash Buzzing Sound When Its Off

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2022, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chevy G30 Dash Buzzing Sound When Its Off

Hello. I went out and started my van today and when I opened the door there was a buzzing noise coming from the dash. The noise you hear when you turned off the van but forgot to turn off the lights.... Not sure how to describe it. When I start the van the noise stops and does not come back until I turn the van off again. So I thought that it might run the battery down if it were to go on for a really long time and I decided to check the fuses. I figured I could pull the fuse that was causing this issue so the battery would not die. I found the fuse and its the "STOP/HZ" fuse and its a 20. I took it out. What exactly does that fuse do? My guess is it has something to do with the hazard lights maybe? I was able to start the van just fine after taking it out. The fuse looked fine as well it was not blown nor did it have any corrosion on it or anything. How do I make the van stop buzzing with that fuse in? TIA!
Old May 4th, 2022, 3:33 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

That buzzer is a module you should be able to just unplug. They must be a known failure because several of mine have had it unplugged or removed. The one I drive now the seat belt light glows faintly most of the time and there's no buzzer ever, which makes me think it was disabled.
Old May 4th, 2022, 6:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by William Kisselstein
That buzzer is a module you should be able to just unplug. They must be a known failure because several of mine have had it unplugged or removed. The one I drive now the seat belt light glows faintly most of the time and there's no buzzer ever, which makes me think it was disabled.
Thanks, I have disabled it by taking the fuse out. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix this so if the fuse is in it does not make a sound.
Old May 5th, 2022, 7:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Yes. Put the fuse back, so you will have brake lights again, open the door, follow the noise to the module, and remove it. It should just plug in.