Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Disable back-up alarm

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2019, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any information as to where they have tapped into the back-up lights? I am trying to do the same exact thing for my new van that I am turning into a camper. My van was converted by Mobiltyworks/Transitworks.

I did manage to get in touch with an engineer there, but he only said left rear taillight. I pulled it and the inside panels but can't seem to find where it is or where they tapped into the wiring.

Thanks.

Last edited by wingman55; April 28th, 2019 at 9:13 AM.
Old April 28th, 2019, 10:49 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wingman55
Any information as to where they have tapped into the back-up lights? I am trying to do the same exact thing for my new van that I am turning into a camper. My van was converted by Mobiltyworks/Transitworks.

I did manage to get in touch with an engineer there, but he only said left rear taillight. I pulled it and the inside panels but can't seem to find where it is or where they tapped into the wiring.

Thanks.
I found mine mounted above the left tail light in the open space under the black molding and traced the lines down to the left back-up wiring. I had the switch installed at that junction and run up to the dashboard. Hope this helps.
Old April 28th, 2019, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Backup-beeper

Back-up beeper.

Internal splice.
Originally Posted by haznavy
I found mine mounted above the left tail light in the open space under the black molding and traced the lines down to the left back-up wiring. I had the switch installed at that junction and run up to the dashboard. Hope this helps.
Yep, thanks. Turns out that mine is installed under the van on the right rear, and wired into the right reverse light. The brown wire is the backup beeper, and the green is the reverse light. I located the wire and disconnected it for now. I'll be installing a switch on the dash. Thanks all for the helpful info. Hopefully I'll be able to give back some time.

Last edited by wingman55; May 3rd, 2019 at 12:08 PM.