Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

does these Rims fit on a 2008 Conversion Van?

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2018, 3:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 667 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
no one mentioned the 4500. I don't even know what that might be
You mean this? Different animal. Full floating axle.

Old March 1st, 2018, 4:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
GM Brochure for 2013:
Very good Joe, you got me on that one! I bought my van used about three years ago and knew it was a 1500 by all the paperwork. I really didn't pay attention to the center cap on the wheels. But one day I jacked it up, saw the 8 lugs, I'm going is this a three-quarter or one ton? Then I saw the huge (in diameter) sway bar, big rotors and calipers. My 1992 G20 (3/4 ton) a couple vans back had 5 lugs was tiny compared to this. According to my VIN report the suspension is all base equipment. I have a feeling the AWD version probably used the lighter suspension, to save space and weight.
Attached Thumbnails does these Rims fit on a 2008 Conversion Van?-screen-shot-2018-03-01-5.09.05-pm.png  
Old March 1st, 2018, 4:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Twscarp
I jacked it up, saw the 8 lugs, I'm going is this a three-quarter or one ton? Then I saw the huge (in diameter) sway bar, big rotors and calipers.
Got any photos?
Old March 1st, 2018, 4:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Got any photos?
I just went out to the garage, I must be in some kind of brain lapse, but you are right. I apologize to everyone for wasting your time with wrong information, not really sure how I got that all wrong, sorry guys.
Old March 1st, 2018, 4:42 PM
Super Moderator

I have a feeling the AWD version probably used the lighter suspension, to save space and weight.
I just looked at a few dozen different vans on the internet, and I can't find a picture of a single 1500 with 8 lugs. AWD or not. Passenger or Cargo,
Old March 1st, 2018, 4:51 PM
Super Moderator

I must be in some kind of brain lapse.
Ok but you only get to use that excuse once.
Old March 1st, 2018, 11:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hello together, thank you for your numerous answers!
Do I understand correctly that Conversion VANs with the same length and 6-Lug Rims can be either 1500 or 2500? What would you advise to buy then? Does the 2500 drive more like a truck or a "car"?
Where are the benefits to a 1500 or a 2500?

Pony
Old March 2nd, 2018, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ponyriemen
hello together, thank you for your numerous answers!
Do I understand correctly that Conversion VANs with the same length and 6-Lug Rims can be either 1500 or 2500? What would you advise to buy then? Does the 2500 drive more like a truck or a "car"?
Where are the benefits to a 1500 or a 2500?

Pony
1500 - 6 lug
2/3500 - 8 lug
So if those wheels are the most important thing to you, then you're stuck with 1500. They all drive like a truck, and if you put low profile tires on it, I expect that it will be a harsh ride.

I advise that your choice should reflect what you plan to use it for, and what you have access to. I don't think you will have as many choices as you think.
I also suggest that you examine the different engine/transmission configurations:
https://www.gmcertified.com/PDFs/Mod...GMC-Savana.pdf
https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-...tion-kits.html
I expect that gasoline, and smog tax, is very expensive in Germany, so you should look at fuel consumption. In that case you may want the later model 4.8L with 6spd transmission. There is also natural gas option. Unless money isn't an object for you?
Since you have narrow German streets, I would suggest looking for a sliding door (harder to find) to make it easier to open in tight parking spaces.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 1:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Joe...
the Tax in Germany for US-Cars is very difficult to explain. I only can say, that a VAN between 2006 and May 2009 is "cheapest" in germany. Later Models, after June 2009 are expensive in Tax. I Prefer a 5.3 or 6.0 Engine, natural Gas has to be installes here in germany after Import, otherwise you get Problems with Goverment. 6 Speed Transmission was perfect, but not installed in these Years, i have to buy. And you are right, sliding Doors were perfect too, but VERY difficult to find.
The Streets in Germany are most good, i think there isnt a Problem driving with these Tires and the Van is only for short Weekend Holydays. Maybe 6-8 thousand Miles/Year, not more.
The Tires are not the important thing, but i like customized Cars, see my Avatar. I got the Tahoe 2012 and built it up in 3 Years, so after that he was an Unicate, here in Germany. Also the Van will get customized, inside and outside.

Pony
Old March 2nd, 2018, 8:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

We will want to see pictures of that as it happens.