Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Electric Power sliding door for Express/Savana vans available soon

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2014, 1:27 AM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Electric Power sliding door for Express/Savana vans available soon

I work for a European company that specializes in retrofitting power sliding doors onto vans. We have already developed and successfully sold thousands of such kits for European market vans, such as Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit, Peugeot Boxer, Fiat Ducato, Hyundai Grand Starex etc.
We are currently developing a kit for 1996-2014 Chevrolet Express vans and it should become available on the U.S. market by the end of this year.

It will have all the necessary safety features, such as auto-retract, manual opening/closing in the event of a failure or power loss and remote opening.
A switch will be installed on the dash so the driver can operate it, also additional switch may be installed near the sliding door, so passengers could open the door.

Door opening/closing time - 2-3 seconds. Van interior remains unchanged as the motors are hidden behind the interior panels.

This feature is primarily meant for passenger vans, such as shuttle, church, school or kindergarten vans but cargo van owners also may be interested.
Estimated price will be around $900.

By posting this here we'd like to evaluate demand for such product on the U.S. market.
Thank you,
Artie.
Old July 17th, 2014, 7:20 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, couple things. I have never owned a vehicle with power closers (like a mini van), but i don't see the need unless it is for a special needs (someone in wheelchair, etc.) type of situation.

I do not see the average person spending $900 to add this to their vehicle. I think your biggest market would be the conversion van companies, and special need companies.

I think the majority of these vans over here are construction types (like me) and our vans typically are stripped down to the bare bones. If I were to spend that much money on a convenience, it would be add cruise, power windows, power locks, etc. to mine.

Good luck though, I hope you sell tons of them.
Old November 14th, 2020, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oowe sliding door for Chevy Express, 2019 mod.

Originally Posted by Artie1
I work for a European company that specializes in retrofitting power sliding doors onto vans. We have already developed and successfully sold thousands of such kits for European market vans, such as Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit, Peugeot Boxer, Fiat Ducato, Hyundai Grand Starex etc.
We are currently developing a kit for 1996-2014 Chevrolet Express vans and it should become available on the U.S. market by the end of this year.

It will have all the necessary safety features, such as auto-retract, manual opening/closing in the event of a failure or power loss and remote opening.
A switch will be installed on the dash so the driver can operate it, also additional switch may be installed near the sliding door, so passengers could open the door.

Door opening/closing time - 2-3 seconds. Van interior remains unchanged as the motors are hidden behind the interior panels.

This feature is primarily meant for passenger vans, such as shuttle, church, school or kindergarten vans but cargo van owners also may be interested.
Estimated price will be around $900.

By posting this here we'd like to evaluate demand for such product on the U.S. market.
Thank you,
Artie.
I have bought this car earlier this year, and as I use wheel chair i am strongly missing one thing with this fantastic van. and that is a kit with above mentioned equipment. I have surged all over Europe to get hold of a kit with this Equipment.
Do anyone out there know where I can get this? I like very much to be independed, and that had been much easier for me if I could open the door and pull out the lift in a distance from the van. The company that have installed the lift and the Handlebar with gas and break «always»install the power door as well, But they have not been able to find a set that can be if intrest with some modification.
If anybody can give me A hint it wil be appreciated
Thanks and regards
Erik
Old November 14th, 2020, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 658 Likes on 597 Posts

interesting, but it's not worth $900 to me.
Old November 16th, 2020, 12:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 6 kids, and my younger ones really struggle opening and closing the slider on these vans. So for me, the option of a powered slider sounds fantastic! If it's $900 for just the mechanicals on one door, then it seems a bit high. If that's an "out-the-door" installed price, it would pique my interest. We have a Toyota Sienna with power sliders that take about 5 seconds to fully open/close, and that is a comfortable speed to make sure there aren't any little hands or feet in the way (2-3 seconds on that big Express door sounds a little terrifying, like a limb guillotine). Having the ability to push a button as we walk up to our minivan to let the bigger kids in while we wrangle the little kids, carry out the baby, bags, and whatever else we have is great. I really wish there was a factory option on these beasts, but these vans are forgotten when it comes to options and upgrades.