Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Electrical debacle

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2020, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical debacle

Hello everyone,
I own a 1992 Chevrolet G20 conversion van (5.7tbi and 4L60E) for about a year now and it has been fighting me for a year now. It has a few problems which are probably caused by a very simple cause which I'm overseeing hahaha.
For some reason, the van is in a limp mode, the trans will not shift to 3rd and 4th, the power windows and blower motor do not work and the ABS and brake light are on. I have replaced the DRAC module and the VSS but nothing changed.
But when I was checking the fuse box I found out that the BRK fuse (on the small fuse box underneath the big fuse box) does not get any power, now when I wired 12v to the side that should be positive, the shifting, pwr windows, and blower motor are now working as they should but the ABS and brake light are still on in the instrument panel.

Does anyone know why the BRK fuse does not get any power and why the ABS and brake light stay on?

Best regards,
Marco