Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Express 3500 Extended Passenger Towing Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2018, 2:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Express 3500 Extended Passenger Towing Mirrors

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this question, I could not find a parts specific folder on the "Express & G-Series Vans" page.

I am looking for powered/heated/extended towing mirrors for my 2015 Express 3500 2LS Extended with OE # GM 15227418 and GM 15227437; the only ones I can find are from 1A Auto and a pair from Velvac that are super expensive. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Thank you.
Old October 7th, 2018, 9:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The velvac mirrors are really the only good option, and yes, you will have to shell out some coin for them.
Old October 7th, 2018, 12:18 PM
CF Junior Member

LCAC_Man - this is what I'm discovering as well, thanks.
Old November 13th, 2018, 11:59 AM
CF Junior Member

I did find this direct OEM replacement option on eBay at $384/pr.: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Towing-Mirr...w/372250196465

For those interested and, with deep pockets, the Velvac part numbers are #715917 for the non-turn signal integrated and non-heated pair and #716349 (black) for the integrated and heated pair at $1040.70 and $1321.95 respectively.

v/r

haznavy
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

haznavy,

If you pick up the eBay version, please share your experience. I wish there was a powered extendable/retractable option... I haven't found one, anyway. Most of the tow mirrors that clip or stick onto the OEM mirrors are junk, but that's all I've found without making a semi-permanent change to my van. I've debated buying the same ones that you shared from eBay, and then just plan to swap them out based on how I'm using the van (but that sounds like a pain).
Old November 15th, 2018, 11:56 AM
CF Junior Member

GatorHawk24,

I am going to purchase the ones from eBay and will let you know. If they work out, I will have the SafetyVan side-view convex mirrors up for sale if you are interested.
Old January 5th, 2019, 9:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Default New Towing Mirrors Installed

Originally Posted by haznavy
GatorHawk24,

I am going to purchase the ones from eBay and will let you know. If they work out, I will have the SafetyVan side-view convex mirrors up for sale if you are interested.
Now that the holidays are over, I pulled the trigger and purchased the eBay direct replacement mirrors advertised. Received and installed in about an hour using
from Jesse Camp. Install was very easy and, everything works great. Thus far, I am very happy with the mirrors and feel they will be much better for towing than the puny OEM.

If anyone needs new towing mirrors, I would endorse these. For anyone who wants to replace their smaller OEM mirrors, I have two in very good condition for $35 per mirror; also still have 10 Safety Van seats for $400.

Before

After
Old January 13th, 2019, 3:24 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by haznavy
I am glad to finally see pictures of these installed. If you get a chance post a few more. Maybe a few from the drivers seat too. Then the rest of us can explore the idea more thoroughly. If I pick up a trailer, which I may if I come across the right deal while I have cash in my pocket, I will likely buy these. For all practicality, I would assume it would be best just to swap the mirrors when you tow. It's only fifteen minutes of work. Otherwise you run the risk of clipping your mirrors in regular usage. If I was you, I would keep the old mirrors. Your preferences are different than mine however.

For as common as our vans are, I am very disappointed that there are no after market mirrors that simply slide out in extension like are available for Silverado's.

Last edited by dberladyn; January 13th, 2019 at 3:34 PM.
Old January 13th, 2019, 3:35 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think if I was going to go wide like that full time, I would just go full Dumbo.
The included picture is from 2008.

Old January 13th, 2019, 6:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Default More photos

Originally Posted by dberladyn
I am glad to finally see pictures of these installed. If you get a chance post a few more. Maybe a few from the drivers seat too. Then the rest of us can explore the idea more thoroughly. If I pick up a trailer, which I may if I come across the right deal while I have cash in my pocket, I will likely buy these. For all practicality, I would assume it would be best just to swap the mirrors when you tow. It's only fifteen minutes of work. Otherwise you run the risk of clipping your mirrors in regular usage. If I was you, I would keep the old mirrors. Your preferences are different than mine however.

For as common as our vans are, I am very disappointed that there are no after market mirrors that simply slide out in extension like are available for Silverado's.
Here are a few more pictures. Thus far, I have been very happy with them. We are planning to go on the road fulltime so, they will come in handy while pulling the trailer.