Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Express 3500 Extended Passenger Towing Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2019, 6:58 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for that. I like them. They are bigger. They are from a 4500 aren't they? Newer than the one I posted.

I wonder if a guy couldn't cut the stalk and modify them. Either to make them narrower, or to make them extend by sliding?
Old January 14th, 2019, 2:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, they're listed on the eBay site as replacements for the GM Cutaway Van. Modification, no idea. I think if you did, you would find a market for them.
Old January 15th, 2019, 7:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haznavy
Yes, they're listed on the eBay site as replacements for the GM Cutaway Van. Modification, no idea. I think if you did, you would find a market for them.
on a different subject...are you happy with the aluminess steps? did you do the install yourself?
Old January 15th, 2019, 10:05 AM
CF Junior Member

We've been very happy with all our Aluminess products so far. If I ever do another one, I will compare with the products coming out of the WeldTec shop; looking at their seat upgrade now.
Old January 15th, 2019, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

My van is a cargo so that means it's one giant blind spot. Mirrors are woefully small especially since they're split. I find myself using the lower portion almost exclusively. I like the idea of the larger tow mirrors, even to the point of the early style with single glass. ( I'll have to check on that ).
Old January 15th, 2019, 11:55 AM
CF Junior Member

Believe it or not, the passenger variant isn't much better with regards to visibility. In conjunction with the tow mirrors, I purchased a four-camera system for 360-degree visibility from the rear of the 32' 7" travel trailer to the front of the van (53' total length).
Old January 15th, 2019, 2:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Neat. Wireless too. Can you post some photos of the display image?
Old January 15th, 2019, 3:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

haznavy,

I'm interested in the 4 camera system you picked up, and how reliable the video feed is from the back of the camper. We tow a 34' 8" travel trailer with our Express. The wireless cameras are intriguing, but I'm always hesitant to buy one because I'm not sure if it will have a strong enough signal from 55 feet away!
Old January 15th, 2019, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

I might have to pull the trigger on the larger towing mirrors and shorten the arm. Or something
Old January 15th, 2019, 3:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

regis101... I wish they had side mirrors with a power-extendable arm like the full-sized trucks, but sadly no... I've looked. So, I end up using clip-on mirrors (which are terrible, but better than nothing), and I'm really considering the ones haznavy just added to his van.

haznavy... how far do the new mirrors stick out from the van? Could you measure from the van body to the farthest point on the mirror? Do you find them annoying when parking or during general driving, not towing?