Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Fold down seats?

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2020, 11:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fold down seats?

I just bought a used 2019 Express van. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a fold down seat to have as my rear seat? I have a 50/50 split seat in the rear but it does not fold flat.
Old August 10th, 2020, 8:48 AM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I've found, the aftermarket is garbage for these lumbering beasts. I wanted to be able to (slightly) adjust and modify the seating arrangement and possibly upgrade to something more comfortable than the low-back headrest-free benches, but everything I found (that still didn't solve my issue) was very expensive. I ended up buying a different van altogether (used ride-share up-conversion with bucket seats in the back, instead of a new stock van with the benches). You might be able to fabricate a way to install other vehicle seats that fold flat in that area, but that will be at your own risk, of course.
Old August 10th, 2020, 8:53 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. In hindsight, I wish I had thought about this before I bought the van!
Old August 10th, 2020, 9:44 AM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We've been happy with our van, but GM vans were the only newer vehicles on the market that met our needs (able to haul a ~7600lbs travel trailer and 8 people... my wife, 6 kids, and me). Ford was out of the question when the E-series left in 2014, which left Nissan and GM and the only options. We were very interested int he Nissan NV, but compared to the GM vans, it has a lower tow rating and the rear seating is very cramped (although I think that the whole front seat area is superior in the Nissan). We were ready to buy a new GM van with bench seats and just deal with it until we stumbled across the one we bought (you can see it in my avatar and on my profile page). I'm pretty sure we would've been happy with either seating setup, but the buckets seats are a nice touch for long trips. Overall, it's been a great and dependable vehicle for how we use it.
Old August 10th, 2020, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

That's awesome that you travel with 6 kids!!!! I'm guessing they love the bucket seats.