Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Fuel Filler Door

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2020, 6:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Filler Door

I bought a 1995 Chevrolet G20 van which was missing the fuel filler door. I found a door but I don't have the hardware to attach it to the body of the van. It would be helpful to me if someone could post a photo of the inside of their fuel door so I could try to figure out what kind of bolts, etc. I need to attach my door. The door is square - not round or rectangular. I think they discontinued using these after 95. The door was next to impossible to find - finally found one on ebay.
Old January 25th, 2020, 7:39 AM
CF Monarch

Received 354 Likes on 335 Posts

Welcome from Florida. Have you tried looking at the junk yards? The U Pick yards are a good place to start.
Old January 28th, 2020, 6:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have searched the Pull A Part web site and came up with nothing. I found one near me - I guess I'll go knock on the people's door and ask them if I can look at the inside of their fuel door to see what kind of screws/bolts are used to attach it.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 6:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Welcome from Florida. Have you tried looking at the junk yards? The U Pick yards are a good place to start.
Yeah they likely wont touch that. Years ago I put an entire air conditioning system in a car without it. 75 bucks for everything I needed but the R-12.Now the professional pickers would have all that stuff stripped of before noon.