Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Fuel Trim Data from the OBD2 Scanner

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2018, 9:41 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fuel Trim Data from the OBD2 Scanner

Hi, I set up my tablet with some fuel trim data on my 2008 Chevy Express 1500 Cargo 4.3l, 225k, wondering if anyone can read what the sensors are telling. The first screen is just general revs, temps and pressures, the following three are fuel trim info at idle, 1500 rpm, and 2500 rpm (approximately).

From left to right this screen shows Injector ON time in milliseconds Bank 1 and 2. Short Term Fuel Trim % Bank 1 and 2. Long Term Fuel Trim % Bank 1 & 2. Oxygen (O2) Sensors Front and Rear Volts, Bank 1 & 2. Revs and intake temperature. At idle.

At about 1500 rpm.

At about 2500 rpm.
Old September 8th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

When the number is negative the pcm is correcting by cutting fuel due to a sensed rich condition and when the number is + the pcm is adding fuel for a sensed lean condition. as long as the fuel trim is +/- 10% its all good.

you can use this data for detecting vacuum leaks, low fuel pressure, purge solenoid leaks.
Old September 8th, 2018, 10:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
When the number is negative the pcm is correcting by cutting fuel due to a sensed rich condition and when the number is + the pcm is adding fuel for a sensed lean condition. as long as the fuel trim is +/- 10% its all good.

you can use this data for detecting vacuum leaks, low fuel pressure, purge solenoid leaks.
OK tech2, thanks, the vehicle runs good but will look into using the info for troubleshooting.