Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

help me choose my new express

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2019, 9:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by the Brain
hell yeah on 2020 then JR for 2 terms

don't get me started w/ nike shoes I've boycotted them

Swoosh n Sickle Kaepernick Shoes

The following users liked this post:
the Brain (July 6th, 2019)
Old July 6th, 2019, 9:12 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well it’s back on the block.I knew this van wasn’t going to be sold for $550. whats strange to me is they are publishing the reserve price w/ a minimum bid of $2K.

They are working on correcting my account but still can’t bid.

Now van has a sorted history previously the score was 75 on a scale of 39-78.

Now they’ve changed the score to 28 on a scale of 39-58 I’m starting to think something doesn’t smell right scores are averages of sales for same model year vans.

From 2002-2008 was in GREEN BAY, WI

From 2008-2010 was in PLAINWELL, MI

From 2010-2015 was in GREELEY, CO

2016-2017 ADDISON, IL reported a lien

2017-2018 Montana

2018 CARMEL, IN vehicle repossessed

I think green bay, WI and Micigan are salt salted roads and am thinking colorado is also?

What is a Duplicate title record?

Since This van lived in the salt belt it is proballey completely rusted? Frame brake, trans, fuel lines ect

I’ve requested images of the underneath first request went unanswered.

I requested and received underneath images from the good folks at Chicago

Not sure if they give a dam in Wyoming.

the Mex's would live in it full time, I just want the option of sleeping in it for a few hours on long trips.

Last edited by the Brain; July 6th, 2019 at 9:15 AM.
Old December 14th, 2019, 8:39 AM
CF Active Member

may have found a like new 2004 express $13K 115K miles RWD. I'm liking the savanna better than chevy. when did GM start w/ onstar GPS tracking me I thought this started in 07? however my 02 had regular on star unsubcribed can I still be tracked?

not liking the crummie storage in door.

probably won't like the separating hump of 3 piece sofa, remember I take 200-250 mile oneway trips so I like to nap if I'm tried.

waiting to hear from seller. curious if the 04 explorers had heated seats?

did the 04 explorers come w/ 30 gallon fuel tanks?
TB

Last edited by the Brain; December 14th, 2019 at 8:45 AM.
Old December 20th, 2019, 12:51 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can just disconnect the Onstar Antenna under the dash if you are concerned. If you are really concerned, you can just open up the Onstar Module and remove the Transmit/Receive Circuit board. It's 2x3" and it just unplugs.

The LEFT HAND REAR DOORS are Worth It. I should have bought something like your past photo there and just gutted it. Then, I'd have high top and nice seats.

Last edited by dberladyn; December 20th, 2019 at 12:54 AM.
the Brain (December 20th, 2019)
Old December 20th, 2019, 9:37 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by dberladyn
You can just disconnect the Onstar Antenna under the dash if you are concerned. If you are really concerned, you can just open up the Onstar Module and remove the Transmit/Receive Circuit board. It's 2x3" and it just unplugs.

The LEFT HAND REAR DOORS are Worth It. I should have bought something like your past photo there and just gutted it. Then, I'd have high top and nice seats.
you can always get used nice seats the cargos are a bit stiff, my 02 explorer was like lazyboy comfort. unheated though.
yes I must have the high top, not just to be higher than moderately lifted trucks busting there egos but for almost standup room inside and overhead storage.
yes the left door doors are a definite must have, I park the van front forward so w/ these doors I wouldn't have to walk all the way around to unload stuff like weekly groceries, I'd probably never use the pass, side. weird how I never noticed that they where available way back in 03. however I have read w/ these doors the body is weaker than w/out.

thanks for tip on the onstar I don't want my exact location to be used against me for any reason. could be used used in my favor.
w/out a subscription they can still track correct? that's if I don't disconnect.

about 20 years ago I was at a hotel and a illegal mex smashed into my car hit it so hard my car smashed into the next car and I was being held responsible., the mex ruined both cars and was drunk as skunk.

anyway a couple years after the police found me again in a hotel (I work on the road) knocking on the door (they had actually sent me mail to my address which I hadn't opened because of a extended trip)
they can find you quick if they want you.
I think the police would know if the van had a onstar and could find me very quickly w/ onstar. they wanted me to be a witness in this Mexs deportation trail. this wasn't the first crash for this ******* had.today a deportation trail is a joke.

I'm passing on the van sent a few ?s on email went unanswered he thinks all emails are scams for this much$ I'd expect better door storage and sofa either these sellers are greedy or these vans are going up in value since the other new ram pro and econolines can't tow more than 5K w/ the 6 cylinders.

Last edited by the Brain; December 20th, 2019 at 9:42 AM.
Old December 20th, 2019, 7:56 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, the old Onstar, like mine and the one you list, use 3G. It is an old out-dated Radio that cannot be used anyways. However, I imagine that they can still scan the radio transmission and identifiers, triangulating your position by the use of three cell towers that transmit/receive on the required frequencies. The information correlating ID Numbers to VIN's is listed somewhere. Probably with the exact same entities capable of doing such operations. I have personally been tracked and traced to my exact location by RCMP via Cell Phone so I know your exact feeling. I am actually going to remove the circuit board in question now that I think of it. The only reason I haven't so far was because I was so adamant about try to keep everything factory, but that's all out the window now. I should have thrown that thinking out a long time ago and saved myself thousands along with many, many, delays. You need a Security Bit to open the Onstar Box, but once you do, it's very simple to see. You'll see where the Antenna Wire plugs in. There will be a small Circuit Board there. That is essentially a Cell Phone. Just unplug it, Discard it, put it all back together and Reinstall. There is no way you can be tracked via Onstar if the Communications Chips are missing.
Old December 21st, 2019, 10:51 AM
CF Active Member

OK sounds good.on GPS I always wondered what that smallish square antenna was about1" x1" x 1/2" was it onstars GPS was kindof stuffed under sunvisor it didn't appear original GM installation (GM probably has there's hidden inside the dash) it looks exactly like the old fashioned Microsoft streets & trips GPS which I probelly should have keep (there expensive) because I have there software and prefer to watch a laptop instead of the tiny Garmin C340 GPS still used in rental cars.

there was also a small antenna glued to the first back window (probably a old fashion cell phone antenna).

I'm still sticker skoched at the prices for 17 year old vans. $13K is a bit greedy.

Last edited by the Brain; December 21st, 2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old February 29th, 2020, 10:04 AM
CF Active Member

anyone know where the options label usually in a glove box is located.

the next prospect 04 explorer man says there's no option label in glove box really the dog house.

want to verify the rear diff is a g80. can the rear wheels be elevated off the ground I've read somewhere that I can turn one wheel forward and if a LSD the opposite wheel turns rearward is this true or false?

this van has the tow button on the dash however there isn't a hitch seller says there's no round 7 pin trailer light wiring could it be up under the rear bumper like the saab has.
thanks

Last edited by the Brain; February 29th, 2020 at 10:12 AM.
Old February 29th, 2020, 10:59 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

G80 is not a LSD. It has no preload and wheels will spin opposite directions like an open diff. It is a locker that locks based on differential wheel speed. You may be able to get it to lock if you spin one wheel fast enough. That said have you look at the door for the RPO codes? There are also websites where you can get them from the VIN.
Old February 29th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

The option label is on the side of the door.

You can also test it by raising the rear axle, and pulling the parking brake cable on one side. Have a helper operate the accelerator slowly up to around 20mph. If the wheel stays stopped and the other spins, then it's an open diff.

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; February 29th, 2020 at 12:16 PM.
the Brain (March 1st, 2020)

Quick Reply: help me choose my new express