Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

I told myself I’d never buy a white van bc of GMs crumie paint.

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2022, 7:46 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I told myself I’d never buy a white van bc of GMs crumie paint.

I told myself I’d never buy a white van bc of GMs crumie paint.

What do I do go out an buy a big white van, it’s actually a RV. I think I’ll prefer her over another conversion, heck I could live in this thing for a few days.I'm 6' w/ shoes 6'1" and have 1/2" clearance for my head at ceiling.

this will be fun fixing up.

04 pleasureway lexor RD chevy 3500 6.0litre 4L80 trans.

Purchased online site unsean went by images an mileage.had to travel 520miles to pick her up, she cruised excellent coming home.

Lots of little things mostly cheap GM plastic stuff broke.

I’ll definity need a conversion type Captains chair w/ heat current seat is uncomfortable an someone at PW built a closet directly behind seat where I can’t slide it back enough

Plan to reduce size of closet.

Hope she makes a good tow vehicle.

I’d like to swap in the GMTs driver seat.or maybe a Tahoe (if it's heated)

1.are the mount brakects holes the same where I could swap easily?

2.how hard would it be to power this seat w/ heat?
watched a few videos none seam to have figured out the heat,just forward back tilt.
3.I assume theres a aux.connection at the fuse block?or is there an extra fuse block inside the van? like my car has at end of dashboard.

Thanks for advice

Last edited by the Brain; October 26th, 2022 at 9:07 PM.
Old October 26th, 2022, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 665 Likes on 603 Posts

I suggest you give some thought to the power seat before you go ahead with it. Test drive it if possible. I find they have too much slop. They clunk back and forth.
The following users liked this post:
the Brain (October 28th, 2022)
Old October 28th, 2022, 1:40 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
I suggest you give some thought to the power seat before you go ahead with it. Test drive it if possible. I find they have too much slop. They clunk back and forth.
main thing is to reduce the size of the closet directly behind seat.very surprised a nice RV comes w/ a crumie seat dam. rant over.

I may could space the front of seat for a little tilt, remember I cruise usalley 200+ mile one way trips.
when you say "they have too much slop" are you referring to when taking off the seat slides back a tad & when stopping it slides forward a tad? every conversion van I've had (4) did this kindof annoying, I was able to tighten the Astro's seat.

I will think about it.
I need front sway bar bushings there gone/nothing there. whenever I hit a small bump the bar rattles.I thought a shock was half way broke.

would you happen to know the trim level base or LS? and should I get greaseable bushings?
Amazon Amazon
thanks for excellent advice as usalle.

Last edited by the Brain; October 28th, 2022 at 1:43 PM.
Old October 28th, 2022, 9:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the exact same Lexor TD van as yours. Same year as well. I'm 6.0 ft tall and no issue with leg room. Are you sure the backrest is fully pushed backward against the closet ?
Is there accessories between the backrest and the closet that you could remove ( tables, foldable chairs ect,,,) ?
It might be more comfortable if you slide your seat forward a little bit more and allow you to incline the backrest further ?
Reducing the size of the closet would be a good job IMO.

Make sure to get a
shroud shroud
over your roof A/C. The elements will ruin it.

Last edited by pomerlo; October 28th, 2022 at 9:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
the Brain (October 29th, 2022)
Old October 29th, 2022, 10:58 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by pomerlo
I have the exact same Lexor TD van as yours. Same year as well. I'm 6.0 ft tall and no issue with leg room. Are you sure the backrest is fully pushed backward against the closet ?
Is there accessories between the backrest and the closet that you could remove ( tables, foldable chairs ect,,,) ?
It might be more comfortable if you slide your seat forward a little bit more and allow you to incline the backrest further ?
Reducing the size of the closet would be a good job IMO.

Make sure to get a shroud over your roof A/C. The elements will ruin it.
mines the Lexor RD I think the differnce is that mine has a single sofa yours has the 2 bench w/ 2 ottomans.
yes nothing behind seat,back part of seat is agaist the closet.w/ seat forward more where my knee is up agaist dash I was informed this van has been sitting for quite some time due to cobb webs under wheel wells so the AC is proballey allready ruiened. can't test it or any inside appliance due to house battery.

I can open all other outside storage bins except for the house battery bin on pass. side.
I can turn the key but the lid is jammed up, I think the locks lever is jammed up w/ mud.

I've tryed to press in on lid and turn key. any suggestions on removing this darn lock maybe from underneth w/out ruining the lid is appreciated.
I think every bins lock need replacing except for outside shower & fresh water tank fill.

I need to order a few parts. would you happen to know what the rim level is I'm thinking it's LS whatever that stands for, other choice is base which I assume is a plain cargo van?
edit. I'm missing the fresh water tanks drain plug, is it a 1/2" plastic plug that screws into the inside of the drain, bc the threads on outside of fitting seam ground off?
https://www.lowes.com/pd/LASCO-1-2-in-x-1-2-in-dia-Plug-PVC-Fitting/3371540?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-plb-_-ggl-_-LIA_PLB_142_Pipe-Fittings-_-3371540-_-local-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnvOaBhDTARIsAJf8eVPk ReRgsLnAaJmPIwF8vao_znPj4gT74-LgNb-fgpwInV17IiKZ4HsaArR4EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

thanks

edit thanks for tip on AC lid the owners manaul I downloaded on net is very brief & no images. do you have a real owners manaul?

those AC lids are k
indof pricie, I'm concidering make out of marine plywood then fiber glass it or jus paint.

Last edited by the Brain; October 29th, 2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 3:23 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

I yanked a power track out of a well worn 1997 conversion - the trick is it's a passenger side track, I think, so less wear and use. Been a while since I did that. It doesn't care what side it's on, I turned it 180 and bolted it right in a stock Express seat base and seat. It was worth the work to be able to raise the seat in the front.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 9:52 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by William Kisselstein
I yanked a power track out of a well worn 1997 conversion - the trick is it's a passenger side track, I think, so less wear and use. Been a while since I did that. It doesn't care what side it's on, I turned it 180 and bolted it right in a stock Express seat base and seat. It was worth the work to be able to raise the seat in the front.
William it's not just the ability to electrically move seat up & down, it's the actual seat is uncomfortable not enough padding, kindof hard.
I'm also used to sliding forward during summer wearing shorts & sliding back a tad in winter when wearing jeans. the closet is obstructing the seat from going backward see image.
I also like a little tilt. not gonna get greedy but I'm spoiled w/ a heated seat in the gmt360.have read the wiring can get involved for heat but forward reverse tilt is doable.

will the 02 and older seats be interchangeable w/ the 04 newer seat base?

the pass. seat has a 180 degree swivel. I have it turned backward & can't get it to lock in place, come to think of it it won't lock in the forward position either.
at first I thought it's designed to rotate in the rear facing kindof like a swivel lazy boy.

I'm not even sure it's legal to cruise around w/ a rearward facing seat it doe's obscure vision a tad.I'll post a image of underneath pass seats bracket.
thanks