Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2018, 4:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never said that I needed LEDs until I needed more light for my backup camera. That was the OMG moment. Then I replaced all but the high/low beams and there they are. More bright, more quickly. Maybe is placebo efect but you cant actually see how it takes for ever for a regular bulb to light on compared to a LED. Im being dramatic for ecplanation puroposes lol.
Old November 11th, 2018, 1:36 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Twscarp
Hi, none of your pictures are coming through, in this thread and others. Can everybody else see them?

I uploaded the images again, do you mind leting me know if now it works?
Old November 11th, 2018, 1:37 PM
CF Active Member

And goinf back to the topic in hand, I double checked and my old 01 has plenty of room. So i will pull the trigger.
Old November 11th, 2018, 2:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 665 Likes on 603 Posts

One other thing ...
It's well known that cooler/bluish light (which these LEDs definitely are compared to the halogens) prevents your eyes from adapting to low light. Hence why amber light is used to preserve night vision. I hate the green color of all the dash lights and I turn them all the way down at night.
Old November 11th, 2018, 9:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneveConversionVan
I uploaded the images again, do you mind leting me know if now it works?
Hi, yes, I can see the ones you posted today, thanks.
Old November 12th, 2018, 12:14 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
One other thing ...
It's well known that cooler/bluish light (which these LEDs definitely are compared to the halogens) prevents your eyes from adapting to low light. Hence why amber light is used to preserve night vision. I hate the green color of all the dash lights and I turn them all the way down at night.
I agree on the LEDS. I absolutely dislike people who install them and manufacturers that arrogantly spec them from factory for sales purposes. They are not a luxury item, they are an ******* item. Funny what you say about the Green LED's. I did not like the change in GM from White to Green when it happened, but now I am used to it and have totally forgotten about it. I was actually looking at them thinking about it the other night. I do not mind the green. On my truck, it is actually not green, it is Aqua. I bought an older radio and had it programmed to my VIN. When I installed it I couldn't keep it. It was very flat green compared to what they did in my year. If you really hate the green, you could buy some Surface Mount LED's and take everything apart re-soldering who knows how many? I suppose you would have to be weary of resistance values. They are different for different colours if I remember right.

D904, D905, D906... those are examples of Green LED's that give you the Green Colour. Not all items are LED's like this. In the Lock Switch for example, they use a bulb or a bulb type LED with a Blue Cover over it.

Old November 12th, 2018, 7:34 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by dberladyn
I agree on the LEDS. I absolutely dislike people who install them and manufacturers that arrogantly spec them from factory for sales purposes. They are not a luxury item, they are an ******* item. Funny what you say about the Green LED's. I did not like the change in GM from White to Green when it happened, but now I am used to it and have totally forgotten about it. I was actually looking at them thinking about it the other night. I do not mind the green. On my truck, it is actually not green, it is Aqua. I bought an older radio and had it programmed to my VIN. When I installed it I couldn't keep it. It was very flat green compared to what they did in my year. If you really hate the green, you could buy some Surface Mount LED's and take everything apart re-soldering who knows how many? I suppose you would have to be weary of resistance values. They are different for different colours if I remember right.

D904, D905, D906... those are examples of Green LED's that give you the Green Colour. Not all items are LED's like this. In the Lock Switch for example, they use a bulb or a bulb type LED with a Blue Cover over it.

Oh you mean now you dislike me? I just replaced all but the head/low beams as the old bulbs just cant compare with the amount of light, for the turn signals, for the hazzard lights, stops, and reverse lights
Old November 12th, 2018, 8:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think a large part of the ******* factor are those who don't take the time to aim them properly, or put in ones that are basically illegal. Most areas have a limit of how bright they can be, but are usually based on wattage.
Old November 12th, 2018, 9:40 AM
CF Active Member

I agree, If they do not align them and basically use them to upset people, they are ********. The thing with more and more cars with all around brighter lights, is that I believe "light sensitivity" goes down. That means that most drivers expect more brighter light for a stop, hazzard or directional. So they dont react to a stop light. I also have a really old 75 classic Mini, and with such small car and small lights as bright as a candle, people seems not to stop behind me. I think they need a full size Xmas tree to see Im stopping.
Just a thought.
Old November 12th, 2018, 12:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting factoid; The "high mounted (third) stop light" came about due to a study done here in Washington D.C. They equipped taxicabs with the extra brake light, and rear end collisions were cut in half. When I replaced my high brake light lens with the built in B/U cam, I also upgraded the bulbs to LEDs (and my back up lights).

Quick Reply: LED headlights