Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Looking for OBDII pids for outside air temp, and fuel level.

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2021, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for OBDII pids for outside air temp, and fuel level.

I recently purchased a Veepeak OBDII module for my 2002 3500 cutaway. I also purchased the OBDFusion app to use with it. I had tried another free app, but it wasn't that good.
I have been able to get most of the parameters I want, to show in the app. I had to "dig" a little in the app for ATF temp but I found it. I'd like to get outside air temp (maybe air intake if OAT isn't available). I'd also like to get fuel tank level.

I suspect these may have to be user defined which I am not fully knowledgeable with. I have a little experience from my Scangauge II days.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.
Old May 9th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

are you asking for scan tool recommendations that will show this data? to access HVAC data you need a tool that reads Body data. This is probably in the $350 range
Old May 9th, 2021, 1:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

outside air temp should be PID $1161
Old May 9th, 2021, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
are you asking for scan tool recommendations that will show this data? to access HVAC data you need a tool that reads Body data. This is probably in the $350 range
tech2, Tnx for the reply. No, not asking to for tool recommendations. Strictly looking to get some data displayed in the OBD fusion app.

I have the Veepeak OBDII bluetooth plug in module and the OBD Fusion app on my phone. I can get all the parameters I am looking for on the app dashboards/display except for a couple. Fuel level (remaining in tank) and outside air temperature. If intake air temp is available, I'd take that as probably being close if not relevant to outside air temp.

The app allows me to create "user defined pids". I am looking to find the proper parameters in order to define the pids (if they're even accessible/available on a vehicle this old) and then create them within the app.

Thanks.

Amazon Amazon